1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Game ISO files but no idea what they are...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Kayoubi, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Kayoubi

Kayoubi Member

I downloaded Ace Combat 5 and extracted the ISO.rar which gave me these files:

System
    SLUS_208.51
    IOPRP280.IMG
    [BIN]
    [IRX]
    [SMV]

i tried using dvd decryptor and iso magic to read the .img file but its not working. i believe i still have to extract something since SLUS_208.51 is 3.5 gigs. The bin folder has .pac files and doesn't have a bin file.

i'm not sure what to do with these files? is this it? is this what i burn? or is there another step i should take?

2. Kayoubi

Kayoubi Member

3. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Maybe you can rename that big file that's 3.5gigs into a .iso.

Since it says Ace Combat 5 ISO...then it might be an ISO, but then again, the file might have been a BIN or something...

4. dud0r

dud0r Member

Looks like you got the complete files from the dvd
    use cddvdgen to rebuild it.
    turn it into an iso, then burn it

5. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Wait so after you got it, you extracted the AceCombat5.rar and then got an iso after that correct? If so you burn the iso, don't extract the files in it, that you show above.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  6. Kayoubi

Kayoubi Member

Thanks for all the replies~ I appreciate your help.

the original file i downloaded was the archive files, and the archives merged into one .rar, and inside that is where i found those files and folders with that .iso.

using cd/dvd generator is what some other people talked about on other site so its seems a solid idea that you guys mentioned it here also. Though its the first time i'm using it and i'll need some time to figure it out.

one question i have is about the product number that cd/dvd generator says must be required as disc name. Is that a must, or can i make up some number?

7. Kayoubi

Kayoubi Member

*correction*

i meant .img not .iso posted above..

8. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

I think I know what happened here... by default, winrar associates .ISO files, as one of its formats, and they show up with the winrar icon etc. This happened to me on my old comp when I installed winrar, and I ended up extracting ISO files to raw data without realizing it a few times, because winrar treats it as an archive(zip) format when what you really want to do with the .iso is burn it with burning software.

9. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

you guys know how to turn the files that look like a ttt.001 ttt.002 and so on into a iso its not a rar or anything but when i click on it it says in a unknown file