1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 game reading/copying problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by duboy1, Oct 23, 2003.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hi. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? First of all, I am using a NEC DVD+r burner with the program Recordnow Max burning the games Splinter Cell, Devil May Cry 1, and Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness. When i read and write the Global image(.gi) i make sure that i click minimum on the screen right before burning/writing. It comes out successful but when i do my swap card trick for Splinter cell, It loads up the game completely until i click start mission or whatever, and then it goes to my normal ps2 display screen as if it were searching for the disc again?????
    Now for the other games, Devil May Cry 1 and Tomb Raider:AOD, i do the same procedure, but once I enter swap the discs and hit X , it doesnt load up anything and just like freezes. I burnt minimum and read minimum for this game also. Just to let you know, I have burn five other backup copies that worked great using this procedure:Madden 2004, ATV 2, ATV1, Fifa 2003, and Redcard 2003.
    If you can, would you please help me with my problem?? Like am i using a sucky program, or should a setting be different, or what???? If you help i would appreciate it very much! Thanks
    I FORGOT TO SAY I AM USING U3 which i am most positive is a version 4 because i have 8 screws on the bottem... THANKS :)

duboy1

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  2. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

I know that Splinter Cell and Tomb Raider AOD both have double check protection on them. I assume that this is the same for Devil May Cry... but I'm not sure. What you need to do is download 'CD Loader' from www.ps2ownz.com and burn the image to a CD-R. CD Loader gets around the double check protection on some newer games but not all of them. Do a search on this forum for instructions on how to use CD Loader. CD Loader works with earlier playstations up to v6. Supposedly there is a new version of CD loader that works with v7 but I'm not sure where to d/l it. Chances are it's not the CD writing program you are using... but just the double check that makes the game not load correctly. Hope that helps.

3. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

or, you could get a messiah or a dms3 and it would take care of the double check as well. just a suggestion. if you dont want to get a solder mod, then go with the cd loader.

4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Thanks will try, but I think that that is not the problem for Tomb Raider or Devil May Cry because they didnt even load up and but Splinter Cell did until the Double-load thing occurred. Thankyou!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2003