1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Gamefaqs saves to PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by legoman93, Jul 4, 2007.

1. legoman93

legoman93 Member

Is this possible? I heard the PS3 only recognizes .psv save files for PS1 and PS2 games. Is there any way to convert it?

I thought of a way but kind of got stuck. I used swapmagic 3.6 to run uLaunchELFv4.12, the same method to transfer save files to a ps2. But when I enter the mass, which should be my portable hard drive on the ps2, nothing showed up. I noticed that when I enter cdfs, it shows the files from the swapmagic 3.6 disc. So I guess if I put the save file on a disc, it should be there right? I don't have any blank CDs to use right now so I can't test it.

If you think this might work can anyone test it?
    Or is there another way?

Sorry if it's confusing...kind of rushed it.

Thanks

2. TheNick

TheNick Guest

yeah, im not even sure how to download PS1/2 game saves and get them to run off your PS3 yet, still trying to get that sorted.

3. XeNoH

XeNoH Member

Ps3 actually converts the .psv files back to normal ive seen it in elflauncher

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

The reason you can't yet is because Sony doesn't want you to be able to. They want you to pay $20+ for a stupid memory card converter that should be included.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

to get ps2 saves off of the net i download them in max format use ar max on ps2 to get them on my memory card then transfer them using the memory card adapter this is the only way ive figured out how to do it which sucks its a long process and annoying

6. XeNoH

XeNoH Member

If launchelf could detect the usb i could easy copy the save files from or too the ps3 swapmagic detects and loads from the usb so...

7. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

i have a ps3 but have some ps2 game saves from gamefaq that i want to put into my ps3. is this possible without buying the 20$ dongle or whatever that thing is? i tried putting it on my usb but the ps3 wouldn't recognize it. i think the ps2 game save was a "max" file.

8. legoman93

legoman93 Member

right now, there is no way to convert any files to .psv

there is a site for save files but i forgot what it is and im not even sure if im allowed to post it