1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 games copying??????? please help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ripperboi, May 3, 2005.

1. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

hi my name is ripperboi,i am new to the forum...
    okay my problem is that i want to copy ps2 games ,i already have a mod chipped ps2,so the games will play,i just need to know how to copy them,now i have absolutely no idea where to begin,can anyone please take me threw the process??????????????????????????
    thankx...ripperboi

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2005
  2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Follow these steps...

1. Search Google.
    2. Don't ask how to perform illegal acts in the forum.

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

download dvd decrypter.http://www.dvddecrypter.com
    open it up and go to mode>iso>read at the top.
    click the little folder icon and select a name for your game.
    click the big picture at the bottom to write your game.
    once its done select mode>iso>write.
    click the little folder again and find where you saved your game.
    open it up,put in a blank dvd and click the big picture at the bottom again to write your game.

4. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

atariborn it is not illegal to backup the ps2 games you own for personal use

5. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

Moron

6. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

don't blame him,it's not his fault,my message said to copy rented games from blockbuster,i understand they are illegal to copy,so i'm not going to,but is it even possible??? would dvd decrypter work?

7. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

yep.it works like a charm.just follow the steps i listed above.

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

oh,and by the way,you asked nothing wrong in your post even with the information about blockbuster in it.you werent asking how to illegally borrow a game from blockbuster but asking instructions on how to backup a game.the act of using that information to backup a game that you dont own (in this case by way of borrowing it from blockbusters) would be illegal but asking how to backup a game is neither illegal and within the rules of this site.that being said,im glad you said youre not going to the information to copy a game from blockbusters:)

9. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

He did ask how to copy games that he rented from Blockbuster. He edited the post after I told him.

wake up

10. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

that's true! but i did'nt know it's illegal?
    my bad,sorry..............

11. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Learn the facts :)

http://www.us.playstation.com/pressreleases.aspx?id=40

The U.S. Congress passed the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in October of 1998 that made illegal "circumvention devices" that circumvent a technological measure designed to control access to a copyrighted work. Sony Computer Entertainment America has successfully argued that mod chips are illegal circumvention devices under the DMCA in the United States, and the recent Canadian conviction recognizes that such devices violate copyright laws in other areas of the world

12. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

im wide awake thankyou.if you actually bothered to read my post,you'd realise that i did know that he'd originally posted about blockbusters hence:- 'even with the information about blockbuster in it'.he didnt ask 'how to backup a game from blockbuster',he asked how to backup a game and happened to mention the fact that he was going to be getting a game from blockbuster to do it.that fact (although hes now said hes not going to do it now that hes realised its wrong) is his responsibility,not that of the people giving him the information on how to burn a backup.its just the same as how someone will ask how to burn a game and happen to admit that its been downloaded.the fact that theyve broken the law by downloading it is their bad and you can tell them how to burn it but not provide the link to the download or tell them how or where to download in the first place.youre the one that needs to wake up and read the rules properly before you try and enforce them.

13. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

That was not needed here. 97bullock
    His ORIGINAL QUESTION was aginst the forum rules.
    No one here is going to condone backing up pirated material.
    And for that matter I PERSONALLY wont help anyone with
    downloaded material either.

Backup games you legally own

Thats what these forums were created for.
    And if you want to help people with there pirated material 'FINE'.
    But dont flame other people that dont believe in piracy as you do.

14. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i dont support piracy at all and thats not even what i was saying.whatever,i cant be bothered to try and make my point.im too tired.

15. alseides

alseides Guest

For those of you who stick with the rules of no illegal stuff... why wont you go into the other 5 million threads and say that. Particularly the Official GT4 thread that has 1000 posts about people ripping the game from blockbuster.

16. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

i would just like to thank u guys,who made it possible,i have 100% succesfuly copied spiderman2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am shit happy,no more having to buy games from a dude that lives 20km away from me,now i just "backup" (shall we call it) my games....................... whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thaknz everyone ur the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. alseides

alseides Guest

despite my previous comment, you still shouldn't make it so obvious you are illegally copying games.

18. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

i'm not,i'm backing up my games and my friends games that he borrows to me,that's all...

19. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

i'm not,i'm backing up my games and my friends games that he borrows to me,that's all... (Too Funny) Ok Here Is How It WorkS If You Don't Own The Game YOU CAN'T COPY IT.That Would Be Illegal.

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  20. ripperboi

ripperboi Guest

really? but it's my friends,surely i can just make one backup???
    if not well then that's just gay.............................