1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 games like PS3 in High Def

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xhardc0re, Mar 2, 2007.

1. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

dunno if anyone has posted this yet. if u have then mods please delete.

PS2 games in high def

With this you can play your PS2 games on an HDTV in 480p, 720p or 1080i mode. It comes with a component (RGB) cable of unknown quality.
    This is a good time to consider buying a PS3 or keeping your PS2 with this cool upgrade. Once i figure out if the cable has gold connectors or not that should be an easy decision. Now someone needs to buy this & rip it for us modchip/swapmagic users :eek:

40 bucks to U.S.

If this doesn't come with gold connectors, then d/l the damn thing because gold connectors are a must if you want the perfect resolution on an HDTV.

2. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

just found this, dunno if it works, but says stuff about PS2 in high def.

worth a look at ???

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I have seen the discs i just would wait for someone who actually owns it to answer. I just do not see how discs could upconvert a higher revolution piture. But ther are converter boxes out there that can do it.

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

The Disc is just a set-up disc,
    But not needed, the reason you will see a massive differance is the cable.

but you can buy just the cable from ebay and select it in the standard browser menu,

The differance is amazing tho if you have a HDTV with component, If I knew about this before buying a HDTV, I would have got ones ages ago. Its a must if you can afford it,

So if you going to get a new TV make sure its got component, it does not have to be 1080P, as all UK games will only output at 576 i/P
    USA games will be 480 i/P or 1080i

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I run all my game system through the component cables already.
    But i figured the disc was just a scam since upconverting can not be done from a disc. They are surely worth the money if you have a high end TV with component inputs.

Then there is my 360 running through VGA which looks stunning.

6. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Well 360 should look better as it has a better gfx engine.

But I was realy impressed with that the PS2 can do, can't belive its not a generaly known about.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

true, but you can do everything the PS2 can do, and do it a lot easier with an original Xbox that is modded.
    as you can see in my sig i have both systems and i would take another Xbox over a PS2 any day. It amazed me what that system can do with a simple $20 mod chip (or free softmod if you want extra hassle changing out the HDD)