1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Games losing Colour?? Help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Chopman, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Chopman

Chopman Member

Some of the PS2 copied games I have bought have lost their colour and I can only play them in black in white!! This is very frustrating! and ideas why?? or what i can do??

The majority of the others are fine and play in colour as they should... AAAHHHH Help!

2. Chopman

Chopman Member

Some of the PS2 copied games I have bought have lost their colour and I can only play them in black in white!! This is very frustrating! and ideas why?? or what i can do??

The majority of the others are fine and play in colour as they should... AAAHHHH Help!

3. Chopman

Chopman Member

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Lets see....

1. Multi-posting in the same thread
    2. Multi-posting in the same forum
    3. Multi-posting in multiple forums

This actually DECREASES your chances of getting helped. Please read the forum rules.

5. rcade

rcade Guest

Are the games You are trying to play PAL or NTSC

6. Chopman

Chopman Member

pal i think, not really sure

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

with digital medium it is either reading or its not. If the game is playing then thats NOT the problem. try buying it instead and help contribute to the programmers so we can keep getting good quality stuff.

8. Chopman

Chopman Member

I would appreciate sensible answers to questions that I ask, then perhaps I may get an answer - I do not want stupid comments from wankers who have obviously too much time on their hands.

Sensible answers only please - If you have nothing sensible to say in response to this thread then Piss Off and waste someone elses time!!

9. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

@ chopman

Tripple posting the same thing leaves me (us) a little bit questioning your abilities.

Everything I posted was true. With digital medium its a series of 1's and 0's strung together to make a code that a computer (PS2) can decode and turn into what it was designed to do. In this case it is a game with sound and pictures and inputs and outputs. This is VERY basic programming logic. The big advantage to digital over analog is that you are either reading 1's and 0's or you are not. Which means the game is either playing or it isnt. There is not really a coding for the colors within the game ALL OVER THE PLACE, and the chances of your ps2 being able to read ALL the info on the disk ecept for the color info is very slim. So if you say the game is working perfect but the color output is in black and white it comes down to a hardware connection issue.

You are either trying to play an out of region game and you buggered your PS2 connection, or you did something else. But I would suggest if you played that same game on somebody elses system they would see it in full color.

Now if you dont mind I am going to go bugger of somewhere ( I wonder if thats considered a word that should be edited for profanity??)

10. witton

witton Regular member

you will find its either a pal game on a ntsc console or a ntsc game on a pal system,to solve the problem you can either buy a rgb scart from argos £5.99 or use cd/dvd loader after swapmagic then game