1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 games not full screen + a few extra questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by moomba, Jun 15, 2007.

1. moomba

moomba Member

I got my ps3 today and do not get a game until monday. Stupid slow delivery :( So I decided to play some ps2 games. They played fine, but they were not full screen. There was about a 5cm gap on the top and bottom and about a 7cm gap in from the sides making the view alot smaller. I have a normal (non hd, crt) 28" widescreen tv conected to the ps3 with the supplied scart lead. Does anyone know how to solve this?

My other questions are:
    Can you play music on another computer via network? if so how? (I searched for media devices but it did not find my shared music),
    and can you play music off the Hdd in game? and again if so how?
    Thanks for your help.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah you can stream music if that's what you mean. You can use WMP 11. No, you can't play music while in game at the moment. Try setting your thing on your PS2 upscaler to off or full screen.

3. moomba

moomba Member

Yeah that was what I meant, sorry if it wasn't very clear. I all ready tried all three of the upscaling settings and it didn't work.

4. airball

airball Regular member

What PS2 games did you play. Many, if not most of the games created for the PS2 are full screen (4:3) not wide screen (16:9). I would suggest that the PS3 might get a little confused on the older games.

5. moomba

moomba Member

Ok, It's sorted now thanks for your help. :) Going back to the music sharing, can you do it threw iTunes?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007