1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 games sometimes play and sometimes dont

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Chris04, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Chris04

Chris04 Member

I have burned grand trusimo 3, need for speed.
    They sometimes work and sometimes dont.. sometimes i
    have to reset the play station like 20 times..
    sometimes i have to totally give up before my temper hits the roof..

Is it the Discs i am using? I used alcohol. 120 % ..to burn them...

should i try dvd decrypter ....

has anyone else had these problems...

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You laser is probably dirty or needs adjustment.

3. DrumPlaya

DrumPlaya Member

yea i have had that problem but it has been with some of my original games. my socom 2, i have found, only works when the playstation has been sitting for a while. almost that it has to be cool. i have also had this problem with my backups and i wanted to know how to clean it and if i need to, how to adjust it?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

to clean the laser, use a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol. Im not sure how to adjust, never done it, but there are threads stating how to adjust the laser.

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

This issue is totally dependant on your hardware it seems. Do you have a modchip installed and if so what gauge of wiring was used to install it.

Playstation 2 consoles are engineered with exacting standards, and modchips can sometimes cause problems.

Modchips will have problems if the correct wiring hasn't been used as excessive currents through the board cause excessive overheating and as such - cause undesirable results.

One other cause is the position/location of the system itself. Some older consoles will have laser alignment problems if they are booting games in a vertical (upright) position.

Playstation consoles can only adjust their optics up and down, not side to side.