1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 games won't play after Magic 3.1 install

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kymera, Jul 23, 2003.

1. kymera

kymera Member

Hi,
    I ran into a problem after installing the Magic 3.1 in my version 3 playstation 2. The PS2 boots like its the first time, asking me for a language then the time zone. After pressing X for the time zone the screen goes black. It doesn't even sound like its searching for anything. I tried this all different ways, with a PS2 game, a copied game, with no game at all. I can't seem to get it to get passed the time zone. When I first got my PS2 I only had to do this timezone thing once, now it asks me everytime. Has anyone ever had this problem and might you know what went wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

shahin

2. L-deezy

L-deezy Member

Sounds like the bios points to me. The chip has its own clock built in and it sends that code through the bios wires. Some how that code is not getting through and your system thinks its the first time every time. Redo all your points and make sure they are clean joints. I beleive the R point is the clock carrier but I am not sure.

3. kymera

kymera Member

thanks for the info. Now my only problem is finding another person to do this for me. The last guy said he wouldn't touch it again, and I'm not that skilled. Peace:)