1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jamiandre, Nov 9, 2004.

1. jamiandre

jamiandre Member

I am new at this. Do you have to have a mod chip to plsy a back up copy of a ps2 game? if so where do you get them, modchip.com? what is a good price for one and do you recommend a certain one? thanks in advance.

2. shifted90

shifted90 Member

if people would take 5 minutes to look around the threads for answers...

3. jamiandre

jamiandre Member

as i said i am new and was putting my two kids down for bed. thought i would throw a question up and look for a reply. hope i did not take to much of your precious time your holiness.

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah you need seom sort of mod to play backups such as swap magic discs or a mod chip. i have gotten 2 modchips from http://www.impactmods.com and 1 install from http://www.norcalmods.com i highly recommend both sites. like most things, a good chip will cost a good amount of money. you should not pay more then 50 dollars for a chip and not more then 100 for an install. the best chips out there are the matrix infinity and the DMS chips. you will probably not need the features that these chips offer so i would go with a Duo 2 or Duo 2 SE.

5. crazeemon

crazeemon Member

one whats a mod chip and two my consle wont play blue dics. can you tell me the reason

6. jamiandre

jamiandre Member

What is the "install"?