1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joshmack, Feb 21, 2005.

1. joshmack

joshmack Guest

I was wondering how I can burn play station 2 games? I have dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. I just need to know what to do, even if you can offer information on where to find this (to burn playstation 2 games would be helpful). Can I use DVD+ cause that is the only burner I have and my ps2 plays most burned dvd+'s. Is there a way without mod chips?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I suggest going through the stickies in the ps2 forums for loads of useful information.

Anywho, don't use dvd shrink for anything ps2 related. All you need is Dvd Decrypter. Read the original onto your hdd, and burn onto dvdr. If your ps2 reads dvd+r movies, then it should read dvd+r backup games. However, the quality of your media is pickier for games than for movies.

If you are against getting a modchip installed, you can go the Swap disc route. (Swap Magic v3.3) Depending on what version ps2 you have, you will also need another 'tool' to use in conjunction with Swap Magic to get your backups to boot. Since your ps2 plays +r's, then you have a v5-12. If you don't have the new slimline, then you will either need a fliptop cover or slidecard. If you do have the slimline, then you can use a fliptop replacement, slimtool/Ghost switch, or tape mod.

3. joshmack

joshmack Guest

Have you ever heard of something like a PS2 disk that you download off the internet, and put it in your PS2, and the PS2 will play any game?

4. joshmack

joshmack Guest

IS there anywhere to download or get that Swap Magic for free

5. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

unless you have a machine that presses disks, itd be pointless, because your ps2 still wont be able ot boot it, because its still a back up, and if it did boot it, then you could jus the swap magic step in the first place.