1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by esteban28, Apr 15, 2005.

1. esteban28

esteban28 Member

Ok guys, I am new to PS2 backups. I have mastered Movie backups but now my kid wants me to make some backups because his PS2 games are getting scratched. Can someone tell me step by step on how to copy a PS2 Game with Alcohol_120? I tried burning *.iso or *.mds images with Alcohol or Decryptor on DVD +R. I have top of the line burner (LG 16x Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter -Dual Layer). I need step by step process on how to burn a PS2 Game onto either a DVD -R or +R. Assuming that all games are DVD format. Please help me or email me at NoPostingEmails@afterdawn.com.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Ps2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. Original games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

DVD Decrypter is the program

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

esteban28,

No posting emails ... Forum rules.

4. esteban28

esteban28 Member

Sorry about posting email. I just read the forum policy. There should be a banner on top with all warnings. Anyway, if I use Decryptor to burn a PS2 Game, I will need a mod ship? I heard of mod chips but I have no idea where to get them or install them? My kid has a fairly new PS2 game (the compaq one). Please advise.

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You will need a modchip or boot discs .

You can get swap magic disks here
    (since you have the slim ps2 you need a "ghost switch" also)

http://www.swapmagic3.com

Swap Magic 3.3 comes with better compatibility and support all PS2 model including PSTwo SCHP-7000*. Swap Magic 3.3 allows you to play all backup CD & DVD on your PS2 console. You just need the swap magic together with Slide Tool or Flip Top Cover. A perfect solution for playing backup. No need to take risk to have a big modify the console. No more waiting to play the latest PS2 games from around the world. Just swap once even with DVD games !! Easy operation !!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  6. esteban28

esteban28 Member

Thanks for all the help. My kid actually has the SCPH-70012 PS2. If I purchase the boot-discs and the kit, what is the best web site to buy them? I am afraid to get ripped off by PS2 scammers. Also, I do not know what a ghost switch is so please be specific for the sake of a NEWBIE. Please let me know if this list is correct (see below).

1. Purchase kit from http://www.swapmagic3.com
    2. Purchase Swap Magic software (assuming these are the boot-disks)
    3. Purchase the little plastic tips. Is there something else out there, I was looking at another web site that sells a slide card.

Check out this link and please let me know if you have seen it? They offer: Slide Card/Swap Magic v3.3 Combo (link: http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/prods/ps2_slide.html) for $24.00 bucks. Thank you, EC

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Slide card is NOT for your model ps2.
    Like i told you before you need to buy,

1)-Swapmagic disks (the newest ver is 3.6 but dont get lower than 3.3)

2)-magic switch.

you can get them here.

http://www.linker4u.com/pp/linker4u.asp

8. esteban28

esteban28 Member

I think the web site is based in Hong Kong. Thanks.

9. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Customer Testimonial Submit your opinion

Thanks for the great srvice i recived my goods in very good condition and in good timming, your products work well.
    Mark Trewick --- South Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent and fast service !!! Using EMS my order arrived in 4 days from time of order.

Tim --- Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After sending my Paypal payment, it arrived in more than a timely fashion. I didn't expect you to be so FAST. Thank you linker4u!

Jesse Brown --- USA

I was happy with my product and it was delivered quite quickly, however some more in depth help files and tutorials would have made things so much easier, especially for beginners with flash cards like myself!

Martin Cooper --- UK

I was very nervous about ordering oversea's on the Web.
    But you folks are really giving great customer service, my order arrived
    in only 8 days! Airmail from Hong Kong to California USA.
    It arrived in good shape and works as advertized.
    Excellent Work!!

David S. --- USA

You guys surely rock! linker4u.com is surely the best source for flash linkers on the whole net at the moment!!!

Marius F. --- Germany

I'd very much like to congratulate you with the excellent service you give. Customer care feedback was fast, personal and actually much better than at any other company I ordered from. The order arrived in less than 3 days. Keep up the good work, from now on I'll be ordering my stuff from you. Thanks again!

David Le Rol, F --- France

Once again, may I thank you for your excellent service. You and your company have offered by far the best service that I have encountered among the flash linker suppliers I deal with. Despite being thousands of miles away, you offer better service than many of my UK suppliers.

Daniele --- Italy

First of all, as a Linker4u's client, I'd like to congratulate you for the excellent work you've been doing. Recently I had a problem with an order which you quickly solved in the best possible way. I'm really grateful.

Deborah --- Singapore

Thank you for such a prompt reply! It is hard today to find a company so dedicated to customer service. I will be sure to refer my friends to this website!

Gbarf --- Netherland

Thank you for your very quick response the goods arrived today (27th) only 6 days after i placed my order.

Mow Dee --- New Zealand