1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 GAMESHARK SWAPPING > Help plz!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ithxan, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

I have a PS2 with a modchip installed (unknown to me) and I must perform the Gameshark disk swap (boot up Gameshark, take GS disk out of tray, insert back-up PS2 DVD game, hit "play without codes" , and go...

Yet the other day I did an image copy of GTA: Vice City (A game I own, just backing up!) and when I tried this with my PS2 nothing happens..the disk spins but nothing loads up.

I used Primo Prassi, a Sony DVD-RW, and a Panisonic DVD burner (DVDR 104).

Question: What am I supposed to do to solve my problem? New disk (non dvd-rW maybe)? , different game? Can I just try to copy another game on the disk cause its DVD-RW or wont it work (like CDRW's).
    thanks!

2. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Still searching for the answers...

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I use DVD+rw and work fine !
    I am not sure about -rw but oke..
    Before you put in the copy .. you don't need to swap first with an original ? (with a larger TOC than your copy)

You have to look here:
    http://www.modchip.com/ps2/directions.htm
    Choose one of the modchips and read what boot procedure they have. Mayby your booting is incorrect (because you don't know your modchip)

Good luck

4. haxxej

haxxej Member

follow this method & it's guaranteed to work....put on d ps2 with d gameshark disc in....keep holding d reset button....when disc loads up swap with original game (or if u don't have original try a dvd disc found on a ps2 magazine maybe it works).....now go to d cheats section & select any game (i use onimusha warlords)....press triangle on every single cheat ( don't worry u only do it once)....now press start,then on with codes...a saving up option screen should come up...now release d reset button...disc should open automatically....swap with dvd back up....d tray will close auto.leave it for a few secs then press x and VOILA!! it should load like magic.....now everytime u wanna play back ups all u have to do is uncheck/check with triangle a single code & repeat d procedure...it only take 30 secs upmost...let us know if it worked 4 u man....

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

That's exactly what i mean :)

6. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Thanks guys ill give it a try and let you know shortly...

7. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

What do you mean by "press triangle on every code"? I go to Onimusa (just to keep with the harmony) and I am faced with a list of uncecked boxes and their code (max health etc..) . When I press triangle on one of the codes another code screen comes up and i cant press triangle any more, but must press X or START to leave the code-edit screen. What do I do in this code edit screen and do I have to do this with every Onimusha code on the list (there are alot). Do you release the RESET button while save screen is up or after? I apologise for my retardedness but im relitivly new at this sort of thing....please help!

8. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Oh yes BTW, I followed the link mentioned earlier and for some reason no matter how long I hold the EJECT button I cant get the STANDBY light to flash orange (or any color for that matter)..

any suggestions?

9. haxxej

haxxej Member

press triangle on every code...i know there's a lot but u have to do it only once....then press start, press x on with codes and release d reset button only when d saving up changes screen shows up...there u have a few secs to swap original with back up b4 the tray closes up...

10. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

ok...when I select Onimusha in the GS menu I counted 73 different codes. Its not the number thats the problem, but when I DO press TRIANGLE on one of the codes it just goes to a "code edit" screen and then the only way to exit this screen is to press X and then it takes me to the "PLAY WITH/WITHOUT CODES" menu. So, in effect I cant press TRIANGLE on every code cause it takes me to the with/without code screen. When I press CIRCLE to go back I notice that the box I pressed TRIANGLE on (Onimusha code screen) isnt even checked. When I do this will all codes eventually be checked off before it works? Please give me just a bit more details if you could....
    I really appreciate the help thus far, I only wish I could get this to work. I just got myself a DVD burner and just cant WAIT to start backing up all my games :)

let me know..

11. haxxej

haxxej Member

yep there's like 72 codes there....it's strange that u can't activate all of them, just one....maybe we've got different versions...infact i got action replay but they'r d same....i helped 1 with this same method who had a gameshark like u....let me think...erm....try then to activate the only code it lets u & do d procedure on my first thread....the important thing is to obtain that saving or updating changes screen to release d reset button...

12. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

could you please describe the process in detail, from choosing ONIMUSHA (specificly, so we are on the same page) to the "let go of reset and tray opens up auto-style" part? When faced with the huge code screen, when pressing TRIANGLE, does this (on your system) check the code boxes or go into a "code edit" screen? All I seem to get when I press TRIANGLE is this code edit screen...

I purchased my PS2 a year after it had been out in the states (April 2001). Doubt this will help u any but im not sure so...maybe an instant messenger chat session could solve our problem, but I get the feeling that its just some small, retarded detail im overlooking . Please, your support is greatly appreciated...

13. haxxej

haxxej Member

ok let's start this from the beginning....i'm sure it's just a small misunderstanding....
    1>start ps2 with ar/gs disc in...keep holding reset button
    2>when disc loads up swap with original
    3>press x on select game to go to the cheats section
    4>go on the right of the screen and press x on onimusha
    5>go again the right of the screen where there are all those codes and press triangle on each of them...it's supposed to let you check them all
    6>press start then press x on with codes
    now a saving/updating changes screen should come up....it's the time to let go off reset & the tray should open up....swap with back-up...
    a screen telling you to insert disc should come up but you already did so wait a few secs and press x
    that's all to it....hope u manage to get it right....

14. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

I dont think I have the same version (?) of Gameshark or somthing, cause pressing TRIANGLE while looking at the Onimusha codes only brings up a code edit screen. I can check the boxes by pressing X, but not TRIANGLE. When I check all the boxes with X and exit it wont go into a SAVE/UPDATE screen. Just wondering, do I let go of RESET during the save/update screen, or afetr?

15. haxxej

haxxej Member

maybe we got different versions but when you check d codes with x try pressing start instead of exit....u should release d reset button during the saving changes screen

16. haxxej

haxxej Member

don't forget to press on with codes after pressing start