1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 guitar to use on PC version

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ramsdaro, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ramsdaro

ramsdaro Member

My friend has the ps2 version of the game, i have the pc version of the game, we only have the one controller. i was wondering if it is possible to set up the ps2 guitar to be compatible with the pc version, i have a usb-ps2 controller converter. and i tested the compatibility and the computer recognizes it.

When i go into the game, there are is only options on how to setup the keyboard and no controller. i know the pc version supports a usb guitar. i just dont see an other available option to set it up

thanks in advance

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

are u playing guitar hero with an emulator, or are you playing frets on fire? usually, well when my cousin used the guitar on the pc, there are options to change the buttons and such on the settings.

i dont think this belongs in the right forum though.

3. ramsdaro

ramsdaro Member

im using the pc version of guitar hero. i tried using frets on fire, but when i tried to play a song it gave an error and closed.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Version 1.2 of Frets on Fire is notorious for that, but it only happens maybe 40% of the time... persevere! (LOL) or get the 1.1.324, the old version.

As for Guitar Hero, all you need do is get a PS2 to USB adapter for the controller, then use that as your connected controller interface for GH. It should work, it worked for me with Frets. I certainly hope it does as I may potentially try this as well soon.

5. ramsdaro

ramsdaro Member

i have the ps2-usb conversion. but when i tried to use the guitar to change the controls it was as if the game didnt recognize it. so i dont think it does work. thanks everyone

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I'm dubious of this fact. In any case, you could try using Xpadder to configure the controller instead.