1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 hard drive to pc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ryanlindy, Feb 16, 2005.

1. ryanlindy

ryanlindy Member

I want to hook up my hard drive from my ps2 to my computer but when i plug it in my pc doesn't recognize the hard drive so i searched for new hardware and it still doesn't detect it what can ido to fix this problem.
    I am running windows xp pro and the hard drive worked great when i was using it for a computer hard drive.
    Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried manually installing it in the new hardware section of your control panel? It may work.

3. skullion

skullion Member

My machine wouldn't see it either. Its possible you may have to enable it in the control panel/system/hardware. However I ised WINHIIP to format it and rip games to it. Even though it didn't see it WINHIIP did.

4. ryanlindy

ryanlindy Member

i tried going to add new hardware and it couldn't find it and i used winhiip and that didn't find it either

5. skullion

skullion Member

Make sure your jumper settings are correct on the drive. Mine was the only drive on the secondary IDE Port and wanted Cable Select although some drives need no jumpers or master. I know its a pain in the ass to keep restarting but its the only way.

6. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

it wouldnt see it if you have already used it in the ps2 and use it in the computer since the ps2 has different formatting and data wiriting methods than a computer making the data unreadable on the computer directly unless you use the network adapter with WinHiip

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Install the HD. Right-Click on My Computer and select Manage. Click on the Disk Management and you should see the PS2 HDD. Just delete the existing partition on the drive then recreate and format the new one.

8. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

but doesnt he want to see the contents of the hard drive that were on the ps2?

or does he want to reformat it and use it for his PC again and not his PS2?

9. ryanlindy

ryanlindy Member

Thanks for all your help and it is now working fine