1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by khack750, Sep 4, 2004.

1. khack750

khack750 Member

Can I use any regular hard drive in my ps2 or do i have to use the official one? If I can use my own, what other things do I need to have to make this work?

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

Yes, you can use any hard drive for your ps2. You also need the HDLoader or HDAdvance to install games onto the HDD.

3. khack750

khack750 Member

Do I use a regular ide cable? Does it need anything to keep the HD in a certain position? Does it need an OS? About how much is HDLoader or HDAdvance? Thanks in advance.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you need the network adaptor. the hd plugs into that.

5. AngeloE9

AngeloE9 Guest

does the drive has to be format or something?????
    Can I see a hdd of 20gigs???

6. khack750

khack750 Member

But wont the HD be sliding around in the PS2, or will the connection be strong enough to hold it in place? So no OS, just the HDLoader, huh?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the connection is very tight. only hd loader or hd advance needed, and must be original unless you have a mod.

8. Life2k

Life2k Guest

Hi, I was just reading this thread... and wondered, do i need to install (software) anything to make my hard drive work? or can i just plug it in, and the ps2 will recognise it?
    Thats if anyone still reads this thread...
    Thanks in advance
    -Dan-

(just a little extra... Ive heard people talk about some sort of software that i need to use, so if anyone could tell me where to get it from, you'd be a lifesaver, (dunno why, but you would) anyway Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  9. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

You can use WinIIP which is a program that runs on your PC. And connect the PS2 HD to your PC, format the drive, create the PS2 partition and you can put game image files (.ISO's) on the PS2 drive from your PC. Then install the HD back into the PS2. You will need HD Advance or HD Loader to boot up the games on your drive.

10. Life2k

Life2k Guest

Excelent! thanks for the info... another question, where can i get WinIIP... also is there anywhere i can dl HD advance? such as a torrent?

Thanks in advance
    -Dan-

11. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

You could download HD Advance or HD Loader but if you plan on burning a disc of it I assume you have a modchip or fliptop/swap disc. You can get WinIIP from: forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22748

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  12. Life2k

Life2k Guest

Thanks, I now have Winhiip, but i just cant seem to find a torrent for hdadvance any links etc... would be nice :p
    Thanks
    -Dan-

13. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Cant really post any links but ...Seen it on shareaza