1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by smitty23, Jan 7, 2005.

1. smitty23

smitty23 Member

When you have a PS2 compatible hard drive do you just put in hd loader or hd advance and then that program will recognize the hard drive and then you can format it and then rip games to it or is there something else you have to do first? Any help is appreciated. Thanx

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, thats all you need. Any time you want to play or install games, you have to load the hd loader disc though.

3. chris_ri

chris_ri Member

When i load HD loader it get to the formatting stage and then just sits there i left it on for 14 hours and nothing lol any sugestions?

4. rj21

rj21 Regular member

Hi, Im thinking of getting a hard drive in my ps2 and was wondering what type of partion it uses i.e fat32\ntfs,
    and what tool i could use to make the partion on the pc and upload games to the drive that ways coz ive heard its faster then uploadin them thru the ps2.
    any replys will be greatfull:>

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it doesn't use one of those formats. You have to have hd loader or hd advance format it in your ps2, then take it out and put it in your pc.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  6. rj21

rj21 Regular member

hi.
    i have a 40gb-fujitsu mpg3204at e hard drive in my pc and getting a new one next week and was wondering if anyone knew if this would work on a ps2?

7. System_X

System_X Member

As far as Technically it will, Save time and Use WinHIIP to format it first, As far as "will it fit" I guess you could do one thing, Try :p.

Peace & Greetz all