1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 harddrive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by bdrs, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bdrs

bdrs Member

i recently went out an bought ff/w hd . i wanna know how to back games up on the drive.i also have another 40gig seagate that i cant get the ps to recognize.any 1 know where i can get some serious support .i dont want this to be a waste of money .plez help me.

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

the ps2 is'nt compatible with some seagate hd's. what's that ff/w hd i need more info to help with that one

3. bdrs

bdrs Member

okay,the other hd is a sony 40gig scph-20401.i really need a good supoort reference .basicly i dont know how to do it. i would be happy just being able to transfer ps2 games from disk to hd .i've seen stuff about winhiip an hd_dump but havent used them with my sony hd .only the seagate in which winhiip says it has loaded the images ,but the ps2 dont find the hd. go figure ha-ha

4. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

well it's dead easy to copy games on to the hd. do you have a HDAdvance or HDloader. all you do is put the hd into the ps2 using the network adaptor turn it on and put in the HDAdvance/HDloader disk and follow the instructions. that simple. the biggest games register as 4gb and only take about 25mins to transfer to the hd.

5. bdrs

bdrs Member

ok ,i used winhiip an know i have the game on the hd . Now it asks for hd loader an i cant seem to burn it rght or i dont have the rght thing .Do you know where i can download a version of hd loader or similar????i used nero.

6. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

i dont know but check through past posts cos im sure there is info in there somwhere cos i've seen it

7. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

you need to use a program called CDgenPS2 to burn the image properly, or you could just download a preconfigured image, im sure there out there.

When you put a computer formatted hdd into the ps2, and boot HDloader/HDadvance, it recognises it as a computer formatted drive. it then formats it to be used on the ps2. THEN you uses hdl_dumb to transfer the game over your network. when you boot up HD Loader, then you can click on the game to boot. I recommend using the MC Exploit and LaunchELF to run HDloader.

8. bdrs

bdrs Member

where can i donwload the mc exploit & launch elf ,and then what do i do with them ?? i am thankful for your help .beleive it!

9. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

SEARCH THIS FORUM BEFORE POSTING!!! damn newbs

10. bdrs

bdrs Member

ive been looking , still cant find it.

11. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

Search Google

12. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

And btw, the MC Exploit is a METHOD of booting. Its not something you can download.

13. bdrs

bdrs Member

what files does the exploit acually contain . i got all kinds of shit here ,just dont know what 2 do.will some 1 send me there mail addy so i can just be done with it and enjoy !lol, just so ya know i do have a modded ps2and i have no probs burning ,other games.why is the loader being a b!tch,when i run it .it comes to a brick wall looking screen says some shit and seems to stop after ity says no mem card found.but there is 1 in ?am very lost here ha-ha,
    on me

14. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

dude, if you have a mod chip then why are you trying to use the exploit? the exploit is an ALTERNATIVE to the mod chip.

15. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

not all mod chips boot the hdd

16. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

just boot a burned copy of HDadvance, its no different then the exploit, cept the exploit (from the sound of it) is not needed. instead of putting the ps1 game in the drive, just put the burned HDadvance disk in the drive.

17. bdrs

bdrs Member

well i have several different versions of the loader in iso. an bin &cue i also have a tar file from psownz but i dont know how to burn it .,how can i dentify which is the real cuase after a few bucks in cd's an dvd's i would like to be sure. if i had a credit card this would be no problem .i could just buy it but is not offered locally.ty for all your help .
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AFTERDAWN RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

18. williej

williej Regular member

Sirandyb, I have a Seagate and it works fine with HD Advance 2.0

Unless you have the official Sony HDD, your PS2 won't show your HD in the browser. You have to use HD Advance/HD Loader to see your HD.

And ... for the memory card exploit, you have to boot a PS1 disc ... so it really doesn't matter ... you are have to boot a CD/DVD anyhow ...