1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Hardrive copy?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chengstey, May 2, 2005.

1. chengstey

chengstey Member

Hey I have an 80gb Maxtor filled with back-ups of games I already own, but lets say I want to buy a 200gb HDD and copy the games over, is this possible and how would this be done, as my HDD cannot be read when i plug it into my computer? Thanks!

2. kocher

kocher Regular member

if u still have the originals u could reread all of them to ur new hdd, but that would take time. i dont think that if ur pc cant read the 80gb hd that u could transfer the games to the 200gb hd. if u have no way of seeing what is on the 80gig hd on ur monitor, then how could u transfer them? im sure someone on here knows, or u could just ask the person at the store if u can transfer existing files from one to the next, and what u need to do it. give best buy a call, if no one else knows. sorry i could not help more.

3. chengstey

chengstey Member

im thinking maybe through DOS, I am sure someone has had this problem? Thanks for any help.

4. kocher

kocher Regular member

yeah that might work, but if ur pc cant detect the 80 gig hd u need to find a way to do that first. good luck man. seriously call a comp store and tell them the deal, im sure they will know what to do, if no one on here knows. im pretty sure someone on here know though-someone always knows, with all the freakin samrt people here. wait for an addict or sen mem to see the thread. just keep bumpin it to top so it dont get lost.

5. chengstey

chengstey Member

thanks man, i'll do that