1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Hardrive modding.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sondow, Jul 9, 2007.

1. sondow

sondow Member

Ok for two days I have been searching methods on moding my ps2 to run ELF files and play backups. Of course Many of which I came across require you to buy modchips/swap-magic/HDloader. Others claim to be "free" and "easy" when in fact they are useless because many of them need mods to... boot mods. Which is ridiculous. I have moded my xbox1/ps2/gc with ease and it cost me no money at all (except gamecube). I find many boot methods ridiculous. Anyway to cut this short. I have been working on moding my ps2 for 2 freaking days/nights straight with 2 hours sleep in between. I have a ps2 (fat) and a ps2 homemade slide card which proved to be useless so I scrapped that Idea, I tried booting PS2 Independence cd files by hotswapping a psx game and it almost works except it hangs at the "playstation" screen with an invisible logo. So then I looked on and I found a HDD tutorial that said No moding products required!!! whoohoo. Well I pulled my damn hdd out put it in my pc and halfway through the damn tutorial it says you need HDloader/advanced. WTF Those are PRODUCTS, who the hell in their right mind makes false claims and crap tutorials like this. It is only logical that there should be a Ps2 hdd image that can patch the hdd to load ELF and other homebrew code but have come across none. Is there any hope for me without spending money?

2. sondow

sondow Member

Hey? Its been a day where is everyone? This is the third day i have been working on this Help!

3. callmetom

callmetom Member

yea we want free not no "pay me 20 bucks" B.S!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

look into this thread
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-playstation-2/1048-ultimate-ps2-faq.html

As long as you have the fat PS2 you may be able to find some memory card exploits to do what you want. Or even set up an FTP server between your PC and PS2 to transfer the games to your hard drive that way.
    Also check out exploitstation.com for info on memory card exploits, what they do, and how to use them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  5. sondow

sondow Member

Psh, I just ended going out and buying AR max evo for a memorycard exploit. Jesus you can tell how primitive ps2 moding is compared to xbox just by the fact there is no method to mod the ps2 WHEN ITS HDD FKING DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE PC!. *shakes head* thats sad.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

well, with a good mod chip you could. My DMS4 Pro can copy a game strait from the disk to the hard drive, just like DVD2Xbox can. It can delete the games as well. It also has an integrated cheat device for playing games with cheats off the hard drive or disk without even needing an AR Max or Gamshark because you can convert codes from any of the major cheat systems to work with ToxicOS firmware that the chip runs on. Similar to Xbox trainers.

Now all in all i could make my xbox do so much more with a lot less effort. Which is why i used it a lot more then my PS2. Now the 2 PS2's and the Xbox are just dust collectors.

7. sondow

sondow Member

That wasn't the question at hand, I can do that too using my memorycard however what i mean to say is, you cannot mod a ps2 even with its hardrive connected to the pc.

8. youstupid

youstupid Member

yes you can sondow you connect it to the pc for formatting and to transfer games from dvd/cd drive to the hdd with the help of a hdd program then reconnect to ps2 with network adaptor {im guessing you have the fat ps2 because you did the mc exploit} then launch hdloader or usbadvnce or extreme from a elf launcher {i use myps2} i know this stuff and im only 15.

9. sondow

sondow Member

This statement clearly tells me you don't know wtf you are talking about. I couldn't tell you how many things are wrong with what you said but, if it makes since to you ok. You cannot insert a ps2 HDD in the PC and transfer games to it, let alone boot a exploit from it unless you have a modchip or a memorycard exploit which is why I made this topic in the first place. Not to mention doing so would corrupt your Hardrive. HDloader is closest thing to what your talking about but it requires a mod and runs off the hardrive