1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 having problems with dvd-back ups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nicoledes, Aug 25, 2004.

1. nicoledes

nicoledes Member

My trusty v5 ps2 seems to have given up on me...

I finally got a brand new DVD-burner and wanted to celebrate and test it a few days ago. So I backed up one of my favorite games (Sly Racoon) on a Fuji DVD-R using DVDdecryptor.

I got a neo2 chip installed and use a DVD RegionX disk to load up my back ups, and in the past, all of them on CD-R have worked perfectly fine. So why will it not now on DVD-R?

Am i using the wrong media? Should I use DVD+R? Or is it my version of ps2? Or might it be my neo2 chip? I don't know... Can someone please, help?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

because you have to do a double swap to play DVD backups with neo2/2.2 (if your chip even lets you play dvd-r games) where with cd games you don't need a double swap.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

backup problems??... I can help, ok its not your media or your ps2 version and its not your chip! ; )
    Problem is Dvd regionX will not boot PS2 Dvd backups.
    To play Dvd backups you need the cog swap loader MC exploit which you will need to configure and then burn to cdr. Once installed onto the memory card using regionX it will allow you to boot PS2 backups with ease, using a PSX cd as a trigger disk! For neo2, hold reset when you load your PSX game, it will boot cog swap loader from the MC instead, then all you do is press eject, swap PSX cd for original high TOC dvd game, wait 20 seconds for the yellow cd to appear then press X, it changes to a purple cd, now release the reset button, tray will come out, swap original for your backup and press X when the tray has gone back in. Dvd Game will now boot! no need for slide card, fliptop or the swapmagic cd!

checkout zxspekys cool site for the exploit and a guide on how to make the exploit cd : )
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/