1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 HD-160 GB

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mugz, Oct 17, 2004.

1. mugz

mugz Member

About 4 months ago I put a 160 GB HD in my PS2 straight from the box and put 4 back-ups on it. I used the HDloader software I think. Which ever software will allow you to rip PS2 game to the HD.

After a month I decided the HD was getting to hot and was freezing up my PS2.

I am now trying to format the HD in Windows XP but it will only recoknize 130 GB. I am sure this is because of the PS2 stuff. Anyone know how I can delete the partition from the ps2 stuff. I cannot get Windows Xp to even see it. OR do I need to be in a different forum for this one?

It was my Ps2 that caused problem so that is why I posted here.

2. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Try partition magic or another 3rd party format program. Your pc Isn't recognising the drive because it is ps2 formatted.

3. sanctum78

sanctum78 Member

a friend of mine also bought a hd of 160GB..It's brand new and only 130GB can be seen. This has something to do with the block/cluster size of data saved on the disc..You loose some space this way. I have a hd of 80GB and only 72GB is seen by winXP.

30GB seems alot and I've tried to find some info on this without success. I think maybe a conversion from fat32 to nfds may help some, not sure bout that dough..

4. buck50

buck50 Member

Windows XP can only recognize upto 137GB, right?

5. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

Use a partioning software to format the hard drive in FAT32 or NTFS, I'm sure you will acquire the missing 30 gigabytes that the HDLoader program cuts off because of the PS2 formatting.

Partion magic should work, you can use a windows xp cd also, it has formatting options in it.