1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 HD Advance 2.0 Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by liquidO2, Mar 10, 2005.

1. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

Hi, I'm new to the whole new gen system modding scene, and I had a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me out. I'm looking at buying HD Advance 2.0

How does HD Advance 2.0 work exactly? Can you connect it to your computer and transfer the files through it? Or do you have to copy them through the PS2? If so, do you need a mod chip if using a DVDR?

If you can go through the computer, how would this be accomplished? Would I need any special software?

Do you need to insert the game disc every time you boot it? Or how do you choose the games otherwise?

Is HD Advance really better than HD Loader?

Is there any incompatibility issues with certain games?

Thanks a lot! Most modding I've ever done was my PSOne........

I have a V7 PS2 by the way.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

---First, check out this link for a brief explanation of HDLoader and HDAdance...http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/hdloaderhdadance.htm

---You can copy the game from your computer to your ps2's HD (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122897)
    or you can just put the game into your ps2 and download it right to your HD on your ps2.

---No, you do not need to put the game in ever again if it is on the hard drive.

---Also, you need to either use a mod chip or some kind of swap trip to download your games to the hard drive.

3. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

Thanks!

So if I were to copy them through the PC instead of through the PS2, there'd be no need for a mod chip, right?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sorry about my bad grammar in the post above, it's 1 a.m. and I've been on the computer for a while!!!

5. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

Hahaha, yah, It's alright, i hear ya, it's 12:30, I just wanted to get this figured out, I never knew they even made such a thing for the PS2 before about.. oh, half an hour ago, so I think I may buy it

Thanks again! that site's very good!

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Thx liquidO2 about the props on the site, I just put it up tonight! Took me forever to make. I wish I could help you out more on the copying from the pc to your ps2 hard drive but I really do not know much about that method. From the guide I read on this site I do not think you will need a chip or slide card to make it work. I would be cautious about doing it that way though because people were posting below and saying they were having problems.

7. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

Really? that's you're site? haha I never caught that, very good job!

Both of them sound so similar to one another, so it's hard to figure which is really better than the other. If you were to choose one, which would you take?

Oh well, worst that can happen is I need to buy a mod chip if the PC to PS2 thing doesn't work out for me.

Wow, I just checked out the rest of your site, I've been looking for a more descriptive tutorial on how to back-up Dreamcast games, and you had it. I've tried every other tutorial out there... But not any that are remotely close to that one. Im going to try it out tomorrow and see if it works. I love the dreamcast.. one of my favourite systems of all time.. too bad you can't find games for it anymore :(

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha hell yeah man, the dreamcast is a sweet system! I'm just pissed though because I was changing the LED in my Dreamcast from orange to blue and I accidentally broke off the battery on the controller motherboard when I was putting it back together and now none of my controllers work. I need to find some parts somewhere, or I might just buy a used dreamcast from ebay.

Yeah, it sucks you can't buy games anymore, but you always got ebay though. If you want to know other places to get DC games, send me a PM and I'll hit you back with a sweet site.

I'm a huge fan for chippin the ps2, but if you wouldn't feel comfortable soldering then I would say just get a softmod, such as swap magic or something like that. Seroiusly though chippin the ps2 was not that hard at all and you can find chips for around $25, which is cheap as hell!

Alright man, I gotta go to sleep, the girlfriend is pissed at me for still being on the computer. I'm 21 and I feel like I'm married, ha. LATER!

9. rebopoots

rebopoots Member

My question is... i want to transfer all my games and mainly my FFXI infor over to my new 200giger... is that possible? that way i dont have to swap out my drives all the time.

rebopoots@hotmail.com (please send me responce. my internet is up and down this week)

thank you!