1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 hd help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by alex_dc22, Mar 14, 2005.

1. alex_dc22

alex_dc22 Guest

ok will this hd http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA29230
    work with my v7 ps2 scph-39001 model?
    i am new to this so if this is in the wrong place i apologize...

also could anybody point me to a good tutorial on how to install the hd and what programs i will need...
    ive looked around but no luck...
    thanks

alex.

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

western digital's arnt the best for ps2 cos they dont fit in the network card without modification. get a maxtor hdd they are the most compatable. i have a 200gb maxtor 10 diamondmax and it works great. you will also need HDadvance 2.0(£20)from http://www.hdadvance.com and a ps2 network adaptor(about £20) the HDadvance comes with full instructions on how to setup the hd.
    just search about here for compatability lists for hd's and games.
    good luck

3. alex_dc22

alex_dc22 Guest

thanks ill look into it right now :D

4. THeMaSSK

THeMaSSK Member

I had a handful of drives that were 'not compatible' as sirandyb mentions because of a physical limitation with the network adapter. I was able to mod my adapter so that the power and IDE connectors will space apart far enough to accomodate Western Digital and some other odd drives that would not fit before. If anybody is interested I'll throw together instrucions.

I just 'had to know' and as it turns out the electronics are fine. Surgery was a little touchy but all original screws and parts are in back place and this allowed me to make use of a 120g that I got cheap.