1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 HDD not showing on PC

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Goldensungod, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Goldensungod

Goldensungod Member

Okay I've previously used my Maxtor 80 GB HDD in my fat PS2 with HDLoader and I have no problems there but when I connect it to my PC(running Win 7) it doesn't show up. The H: drive(the one that was automatically assigned) shows no media in Disk Managment and when I click properties and then Volumes under status it states No Media, under Partition sytle it states Master Boot Record (MBR) and under Capacity it shows 0 MB. I have previously used this HDD for transfering PS2 ISO's on a Lenovo Ideapad running Win 7 but I returned the Lenovo due to a recurring I/O error. Any help I know it's not the IDE to USB connector or the HDD as they were both used within the last 2 weeks. Please HELP!

2. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

have you had it show up before? what exactly are you trying to do with the hdd? i thought you had to use winhiip to transfer isos to your hdd..if you dont have it get it here or are you trying to format it and use it in your pc?

3. MayankGupta

MayankGupta Member

you should use winhiip 1.7.6
    to see your hdd
    and games

4. helpamonfire

helpamonfire Member

When I upgraded to Windows 7 I encountered the same problem.
    Right click on WinHIIP, Select run as administrator.
    That's all there is to it.