1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 hdd reformatting for pc use?? help...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by TATTOOZIT, Jan 17, 2005.

1. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

i have a hard drive ive been using for my ps2 with hda. is there a way to reformat this hard drive to be used back in my pc? a little help would be greatly appreciated.

toozit

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

fdisk? you know the computer doesnt even recognize the drive when i hook it up to the extra ide cable. how can i fdisk a drive that my computer doesnt see? you have to use pc handiness or winhiip to even access the ps2 drive. there must be a way to reformat it to use in a pc again.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

fdisk finds it, i did it.

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Actually, if the BIOS doesn't recognize it fdisk will likely have a problem as well. Did you check the master/slave settings? If there is a master present on the cable you are connecting to make sure you set the drive you are attempting to format as a slave. Once this has been done correctly, you can use fdisk or Manage My Computer->Storage->Disk Management to partition the drive, then reformat it.

6. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

If you have XP its pretty easy if u use Computer Management in the Administrative Tools folder.

7. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

okay, so ill try these things tonight when i get home and see if any of it works. fingers crossed.

thanks all, will let you know what happens.

toozit.

8. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

it was really easy!! i have xp and as heybilly said go into administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management and saw the drive then all i had to do is set as a primary partition and format. easy as that now i have a hundred and sixty gig drive in my computer. thanks every one for the replies. this forum is the bomb.

toozit