1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 HDD / SOCOM II Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LTGiant, Mar 16, 2005.

1. LTGiant

LTGiant Guest

I first must apologize if my question has already been answered however I have been surfing the internet for a definite answer to my question for 4 hours now and I feel it will not get answered unless I post it myself. I am going to be REAL specific here. I want to be able to use my standard IDE hard drive to play the 3 downloadable levels for Socom II online. Thats all! I don't want to back up my games or load games on to the HDD. Simply put, how can I go about doing it? I assume I need to format the HDD so PS2 will recognize it but all I read about is the programs that you need to purchase (like HDAdvance) and others which are apparently illegal. Again, I don't want to use it for anything else but to store these 3 dumb levels on it for SOCOM II (that why I refuse to pay $99. for it). Anyone who can help I would much appreciate it! Thank you.

2. Repoman89

Repoman89 Member

You can't- there was a thread on this and after maybe 120 posts no one figured it out.

3. LTGiant

LTGiant Guest

I see.....thank you.

4. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

I'm not supposed to put up links, but, google the words "DMS3 HDD Format"

5. LTGiant

LTGiant Guest

Hey, I appreciate you sticking out your neck Faizal....Im sure thats legal. Now, I have not been at this long but doesn't that require you to have a mod chip?

6. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

yes, it does, or you can use Swap Magic, i think.

other than that, you could use HD Loader or HD Advance to format the HD without a modchip.

7. Repoman89

Repoman89 Member

That's the thing... You can't format a non sony drive even with the Sony format disc... people have tried. And if you format with HD Advance, Socom doesn't recognize it, and you can't download. All Hd advance allows you to do is store games on a non sony (or sony) hdd. I'll try to dig up the old thread...

and here it is: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/119661

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  8. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

Yea, true. You can't use the Sony format disc to format the HD. I think you can use the HDD with SOCOMII if you enable auto-ATAD patching. I don't even know what that is, but it gets recognized by SOCOMII