1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by golden_35, Mar 23, 2004.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

So, the sony ps2 HDD was released all over North America with Final Fantasy XI...Does anyone have any feedback on it?
    All I know about it is that you can download your cds onto it, you can download music onto it, you can edit pictures on it, some huuuge online games require it, you can get some updates for games through it.
    The coolest thing is that you can actually play other platforms with it. With Final Fantasy XI you can play from your Ps2 against your buddy on the comptuer that is sitting on the other side of the world where he can't get to a ps2 or if you wanna play against your buddy sitting next to you on your PC.
    I am guessing that there will be some linux code written so that we can use our modchips to play games that we put on the hard drive itself.
    Sounds awesome, has anyone actually aquired one and played around with it or tried to put games on it?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't think you can put games on the original sony ps2 hd. it has DNAS on it. there is an article on http://www.ps2ownz.com