1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mouch, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Mouch

Mouch Member

I'm curious about what the PS2 Hard Drive does exactly. All I know about it is that it allows me to watch the actual highlights of my ESPN games (instead of still images that suck), and that there's no way to get it without getting FFXI. If anyone has one and knows exactly what it does, I'd like to know.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

With a HD and App like HDloader, you can install games onto the HD and boot them directly off of it, eliminating the need off booting off a disk.

3. Mouch

Mouch Member

I guess my real question is, can I save games onto it like the Xbox hard drive?

4. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

what i would still like to know is, when i put the backup of the game on the hd, do i leave it as a .cue and .bin file, or an .iso..i dont know which one the hd can access..can anyone expand on that

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

You use the HDloader utility to do the install (games onto HD)

Yes it is like the Xbox, except you need the HDLoader utility to boot the game.

You guys should really invest a little time researching this topic, its really valuable to get into.

6. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

so your saying i can rip the game once in my ps2 and itll save to my hd, what i thoughm and what i was getting at was if i was ti rip them from my comp, can i switch the hd back and forth amnd put games on it, anfd it what format should they be, .iso or .cue and .bin

7. Mouch

Mouch Member

Thanks for the advice, I will look into that, but how is it legal. Couldn't people just rip a rented game onto a hard drive and take the disk back no longer needing it. Seems wierd to me.