1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Goldy_200, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

Can anyone tell what HDD work with the ps2 and fit onto the Network adaptor, also once i've connected the HDD to the back of the network adaptor and screwed it on what happends then, can i just start putting games on it or do i have to install some sought of software or mid something.
    Thanks

2. KCJester

KCJester Member

HDAdvance or HDLoader

3. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

So I once i've put the HDD in what do i do then, all you've told me is what to use, and also what HDD are compatible with the ps2.

4. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

can u guys please tell me where to get a hd advance or loader i just got my drive and adaptor and is there a way i can hook up my network cable from the pc to ps2

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

everything you guys are asking about is littered all over this forum. Spend 1 hour and do some reading.

6. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

hey stinky you know where to get hd advance for dvd

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

yes I do. I have done write ups on how to do all kinds of stuff with every program availible on here. But I am too lazy to link you to it now. try the search button until I sleep off this lazyness.

8. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

um, ok if its a non-sony HD you will have to partition the HD into the sony partition format(NOT fat32, fat16, or NTFS); to create the partition use WinHIIP (have your drive hooked up to the pc. then you can install the HD and screw it into the system... After this get a copy of or put a Dev version of HD loader on your memory card and start installing games.

ps: I almost forgot, the drive has to be set to master (NOT cable select - might work depending on drive but definitly not recommended)