1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 hdd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by swap.blue, Dec 18, 2011.

1. swap.blue

swap.blue Member

Yesterday I was in a ps2 shop to buy a pirated game

There i played GTA 4 on their ps2 and when i asked how was it running on your ps2 ,they said that they have attached a hdd.
    They Can do that for my ps2 for 7000 rupees

I just wanna ask is that was real or not

2. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

uh well I believe 7000 rupees is 140$ correct? thats kind of a rip off. what version of ps2 do you have? with freemcboot I believe with the right software you can mod it yourself pretty easy. take a look at this. If you need help I don't mind but you should be able to mod your ps2 with one of the tutorials on the freemcboot site.

3. swap.blue

swap.blue Member

Hey! I am not talking about modding my ps2 i am talking about how can i run games of ps3 in ps2 via HDD .......
    Is there any software which could change the format of ps3 games to that of PS2

4. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

uh well did you read what you wrote? your confusing...anyways it sounds like you said you want to know how to run ps3 and ps2 games off of a ps3 harddrive/external? if your firmware on your ps3 is below 3.55 then you can install a custom firmware and run ps3/ps2/ps1 games off the harddrive but I think your console needs to be one of the launch consoles to play ps2 games. or you can get one of those usb jailbreakers which does the same thing without installing anything.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. swap.blue

swap.blue Member

I wanna play ps3 games on ps2

6. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

maybe the people you went to put a ps3 inside a ps2 case? I know a few people who put a wii and gamecube into regular nintendo cases. you arent able to play ps3 games on a ps2 the processing power is just not in a ps2 to play those higher graphic games.

7. swap.blue

swap.blue Member

But the shopkeeper said that he would attach the HDD into my PS2 which cud then run ps3 games by converting them ....

8. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

A ps2 cannot play ps3 games and I'm pretty sure theres no way to convert them to work on a ps2. If you go back to this shop and make sure to clarify what he is talking about. I know you can attach a harddrive to a ps2 and play ps2 games from the hard drive but ps2 is about all that will work from the harddrive.

9. swap.blue

swap.blue Member

But i was playing GTA 4 on their ps2 and when i asked them how to do so ,they said that its a secret and i hav to give him 7000 rupees to get the HDD with games like GTA 4 and GOD oF War 3

10. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

No, you think it would be possible to play games made in the future on a console from the past? Just common sense really

11. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

saying its a secret is kind of a giveaway that it could be a scam. I believe they have a modded version of GTA:San Andreas that just looks a little like GTA4 if you really want it go ahead and buy it but I would try and get them to lower the price and make sure they're actually not just selling you an empty picnic basket.