1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cyronatic, May 25, 2007.

1. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

Hi guys im new here and i have a problem with my PS2, ok i have a PS2 Slimline and Swapmagic slimline fliptop and i have SwapMagic Coder 3.8 plus PAL Version, my problem is ever since a couple of days ago my ps2 wont read any of discs not even the proper ones can anyone help me, and im sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

2. squewheet

squewheet Member

It Might Be The Laser In Your Ps2.

3. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

how do i fix this

4. squewheet

squewheet Member

well i had a fat ps2 that the laser was bad and i had a old fat ps2 that the laser worked but didn't run so i swaped out the lasers and then it worked but you might have to wait to see if someone else can tell you what else might be wrong. sorry i'm really not much help but i think it might be your laser.

Click Here for a great tut on how to change your laser but i would do this yet until someone else gives you more advice and they might tell ya it could be something different.

5. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

ok thanks anyway, i heard that sometimes on the slims the fans overheat more easy so im cooling down upstairs

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

If that doesn't work try cleaning the laser eye with a q-tip and some alcohol
    that is what I did and I worked like a charm

7. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

Whats a q-tip and wha kind of alcohol and how do i do it

8. HG27

HG27 Guest

a q-tip is a brand of cotton swabs (the things you clean the inside of your ears with)
    for the alcohol, use 70% isopropyl alcohol, it's the first aid antiseptic kind
    use alcohol because it is rather volatile (meaning that it evaporates rather quickly, compared to water which doesn't evaporate as fast) this is a good thing because you don't want liquid to stay in the ps2 laser eye, especially when it is operating

9. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

i dont have alcohol wud anything like polish work

10. HG27

HG27 Guest

I'm not sure, as I have never tried that.
    Just make sure it is liquid and evaporates easily and doesn't leave stains or residue.

11. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

ok my mums said she will get me the right stuff on tuesday so i will just leave my ps2 alone until i get it

12. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

ive just tried tht and nothing changed please help me guys

13. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  14. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

it took me a mintue to understand tht but it does stop spinning when i open so i think you are right can i have a pic and can you tell me how to do this

15. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

16. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

how and where do i jam it in the sensor to jam the sensor down

17. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

18. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

i did tht and nothing changed what do i do for sensor c

19. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

20. Cyronatic

Cyronatic Guest

in the sensor c section where are these ''anti skid'' square pieces and do they look like