1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 in PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by azsx123, May 8, 2007.

1. azsx123

azsx123 Member

Is playing PS2 games on PSP possible? Just asking..

2. Blahs

Blahs Member

nope, not possible

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

the PS2 runs at about 300 GHz...

the PSP has the capibility of running at 333 GHz...

Yes it is possible, but there is no developed code for it yet...

most likely; this will be many months down the line, when Sony believes that they have milked the PS2 franchise dry.........which is a very long time from now...

4. azsx123

azsx123 Member

Ok thx

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

6. Blahs

Blahs Member

oops...

really didn't think it could!

thanx for correcting me. you learn something new everyday...

7. 0208psp

0208psp Member

everyone would be doing it if it was possible.

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

now wait a minute, just because the psp has the potential running at a higher cpu speed, doesn't mean it can play ps2 games. psp has a totally different hardware configuration, data management, graphics hardware. Granted, some of these can be emulated, but that's a looong way away (if not plain impossible). Alot of software twicking had to be done. Just look at pc, 10 times more powerful than ps2 in every way, an decent emulator is yet to come out (there are some promising ones, but that's another story).

But hey, who am i to take away people's hopeful dreams.

9. azsx123

azsx123 Member

Well.. I used to think that maybe SOMEHOW the PSP can run PS2 games judging from what I've seen. Maybe a lower resolution and video detail or something will do the trick. And about the hardware configuration and emulator thing. I think we just need a converter of some sort to convert the PS2 format to PBP just like what they did in the psx to psp thing..

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I used to think that the location free player was bs too...a lot of things that us "non-hackers" really cannot be sure of...

I never said it can run ps2 games...just said that the mobo has the cpu capibility...as you stated; it would take a loooong time for it to be a possibility.....not an impossibility...

if anything at all; the psp2 is rummored to have an 8GB flash....so if not now, then in another year or two....and i know damn well that the new psx library will eventually include PS2 games...

not a dream, a reality... as long as you stop yourself before you start; the only person you can blame for short-comings is yourself...

so i say, keep reading; keep learning; think positive...maybe we will all get blessed with some more visual crack from DAX n team noobz...

Last edited: May 8, 2007