1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2..InfinitySe....powers on no video/sound

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by djkarupt, Jan 29, 2007.

1. djkarupt

djkarupt Member

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

You probably got bad wiring or/and u prob blew a fuse. Check your fuse with a multimeter. power it off and test the fuse there are mostly small ones labled PS?? on the mobo

3. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

I am having the same problem......checked fuse that we could see (cant find a diagram for a silver ps2), everything seems fine in that part. Dont know where to look next.

4. djkarupt

djkarupt Member

it cant be the wiring i unplug the chip tested each wire and system turned on perfectly without chip..any help on finding fuses? what about using 22-24 awg wire on 3.3 and ground woudl that work im currently using 30 awg

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

If thats the case...its not your fuses, but its really likely its your wires...Try the power wire to the modchip. Most points should be thin 22-24 AWG. Power and ground should be a bigger 30AWG wire. If u dont have thicker wire for power and ground, use like 2-3 same length strands of 22-24 AWG wires. Also, the less time the wires cross the better. The less time it cross the modchip, the better.

6. djkarupt

djkarupt Member

so length comes into play....im using the radio shack wire that comes in a roll its relaly thin i believe 30awg which is fine....damn it why me why now....lol thanks for the help

7. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

I have the same problem, yet I took my chip out and still same problem without the chip in there. Still looking for a solution to that, but you might wanna take the chip out and test it.

8. ming1988

ming1988 Member

i have the same problem any solutions yet