1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 info

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tpiedra, Dec 23, 2004.

1. tpiedra

tpiedra Member

I have looked on the forums and can't seem to find out how to tell whethter the game is a dvd or cd game. Can somebody please help me. Also where can you find the piece of hardware that is need to play the backedup ps2 games. I think it has to be installed.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well it should say on the box, but you could just put it in your computer drive and see how big it is. if its a couple gigs, its prolly a dvd, heh.

Oh yah, it depends on if you want a modchip or to use a swap method like SwapMagic. If you choose the swap method all you really need are: the SwapMagic discs, along with the fliptop lid or slidecard.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  3. tpiedra

tpiedra Member

where can I get the these disk and the kits that install the lip tops

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you choose the SwapMagic route, you can usually buy the SwapMagic v3.3 dvd disc and cd disc along with your choice of a fliptop or slidecard. The fliptop is a little more expensive than a slidecard, but it makes the swapping a little bit easier on ya. There are loads of places to get these from. I got mine from here: www.gocybershop.ca
    You can atleast check out the items here and see what they're all about.