1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Internal Orange Light?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mr_hanky, May 4, 2005.

1. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Hi all,
    While playing on Burnout 3 from my HDD yesterday i noticed that there was a small orange glow coming from within the PS2 (could see it through the grill about an inch from the USB ports) i have not noticed this before and I am rather worried.
    Any ideas what it could be?

My PS2 is version 7, with a 40GB WD HDD, DMS4 EZI Lite and is currently connected to my surround system (optical),and also has internet connection via laptop.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

it seems to be a loading light, i have the same version of ps2 as you and it has not caused any problems to my ps2, my friend has a difrrent version of ps2 and he has the same light.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

yeah p4_tt is right it just a loading light thats letting you know that its reading from the hd

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

OK, thanks, it's just that i've been doing lots to this PS2 lately (Mod chip, hdd etc) and as i hadn't seen this orange light before was slightly worried i had screwed up. So thanks again for your replies.

5. jodykw82

jodykw82 Member

It's just an HD LED like on your PC. No difference whatsoever.