1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 is dead problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by lazyj, Dec 10, 2004.

1. lazyj

lazyj Member

Basically my ps2 died a lil while back. Not totally dead. but possibly more dead then its worth to get it fixed.

Originally i thought the laser might have died, but maybe its more the motor that spins the disc. im not sure. so i have a question maybe someone can help me with.

firstly, it died while reading my hdl disc, and it was spinning for maybe 5 minutes before it died. i took the disc out, and it would appear that the laser had concentrated on the one spot (thats why i think its not the laser, and more the spinner thingo :p )

when i put a disc in, i dont hear anything such as the laser even trying to move, or the disc start to spin.

Q: does it look like its not the laser ?

Q: is it possible to get fixed if it isnt ?

Q: am i better off buying another ps2 instead ?

cheerios.

2. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

I'm not sure what it is but if you have a GAMECO in your area they'll only charge 50.00 if they CAN fix it unlike Sony which will charge you 105 or more even if they cant fix it

3. lazyj

lazyj Member

i dont think im near n e place that could fix it for me. i think im screwed :(