1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 is not able to run burnt games using the memory card expoit.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by nixz, Jun 17, 2007.

1. nixz

nixz Regular member

I am using the Memory Card exploit with Swap Magic 3.8 elf and when I try to load games using this, they do not work even though they used to before. However, when I try to load games using my Swap Magic 2.0 DVD, they work perfectly. I don't know what's wrong. With the exploit, my games do not work and with the Swap Magic DVD my games do work. Does anybody know whats wrong? Thanks In Advance :)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

We cannot answer this question until you give us step by step how you are trying to boot games with the exploit.

3. nixz

nixz Regular member

Sorry, yeah that is a good point lol. Okay, firstly, I run my PSX trigger disc. Then I select the Swap Magic 3.8 Elf from the menu. The Swap Magic Elf loads up and I press eject and insert my high ToC disc which is GTA. This then loads up and at the bottom of the screen it says "Please Swap to program disc". So I use the slide tool and open the disc tray. I then insert my backup and close the disc tray using the slide tool. I then press X and the screen comes up asking me whether I want to play the game in Pal,NTSC or Default. I choose default. The screen then goes black and returns to the PS2 browser everytime. However, when I used to do this before it used to work and the games used to run perfectly but now they don't even run when using the exploit. I hope that helps :)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Have you tried selecting NTSC or PAL (depending on what game your loading)? Also, I have had difficulties using GTA as a toc disc, you could try using a different game (just to narrow down the problem).

5. nixz

nixz Regular member

Thanks for the reply. Well, whenever I load any game I always use the default option as my TV supports both PAL and NTSC. I have used other high ToC discs such as my Swap Magic DVD itself and MGS but still no luck.