1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 ISO's wont burn AO6

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dust_cs69, Sep 3, 2003.

1. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

Hi, ok i just got my new pioneer A06 burner and tried to Burn some Ps2 ISO's, using dvd decryptor i created the ISO's using dvd decryptor also, but when ever i go and burn them it just hangs at 1% and says "writing lead-in" and just stays for that ive waited 5min, also left it on over ngiht to see if it would move on but it never does, the program doesnt crash, the dvd writer light goes off after a while, i also tried it with the newest version of nero (6) i think and the exact same thing happened, although i ran a simulation first and it worked, but when it came to burning nothing..... Also the disc's are getting coastered to so its writing a small bit of data on there, i thought it was my drive but its not as i just burned some files on (not an ISO) and it worked perfectly.

Any help would be great.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  2. billz

billz Active member

try another program record now works extremely well for me.you can get a trail version at www.downloads.com r

p.s.record now use gi or gobal image files may work better for you

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

could it be that your image is corrupt?

4. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

I dont think its the program, cause it happened on nero and decryptor the exact same thing, and as for the corrupt ISO, i can mount it using daemon tools fine, does it work if u mount the ISO on the harddrive then burn the files onto the dvd-r? as singular files?

5. billz

billz Active member

well i've successfully backedup nba streetz vol 2 with record now making a gi and burning at slowest speed on verbaitim dvd.maybe it's the media your using?

6. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

Ive tried princo 4x, optodisc 1x, ritek 1x all same result

7. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

Woohoo i fixed or a better word may be i found a work around, what i did was mount the ISO using daemon tolls (god bless it) then did a "on the fly" copy in nero and bam it worked :) im happy :) would still like to know what was causing it though, made me 4 coasters :(

8. deester1

deester1 Member

ive no idea..but it might be usefull to check the connections of the IDE devices in your computer..your hard drive has to be on the primary master..and your dvd writer should also be on a master either secondary or on a seperate IDE addon card..if your trying to use your dvd writer and hard drive on the same IDE channel(primary)then it can lead to problems with crossed data errors..might be worth checking and could save you making more coasters in future..ideal config would be

primary master hard disk drive(Loads operating system,cant be moved on most motherboards or wont boot)
    primary slave DVD rom/cd rom drive
    secondary master DVD writer/cd writer

remember to set the device jumpers for master and slave..if your gonna have more than one DVD writer then you should buy the IDE expansion card..theyre not expensive (round 20 dollars)and could save you that in wasted media..thats my essay..if you ever find the cause let me know..:)

9. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

ARRRRR this is driving me insane and broke, i did 4 perfect burns on ritek GO4's everything was great and then bam it just hung at the "lead in" this wasnt burning ISO's just adding files to it, so i formatted switched the dvd writer to the sencondary master was slave, and bam happened again, and i cant work out wtf is doing this....

10. deester1

deester1 Member

my mobo seems only to support cable select/no matter where i put the jumpers master/slave etc on the device it will only accept a master if its on the end plug of the cable...check in your bios to see where the devices are in the ide chain(usually del key on boot)..also would be interested to know what other(if any)software your running aswell as the burning software..sorry if this is patronising but i have no idea about your level of pc knowledge and id like to help..i had many similar problems when i started writing CDs about 9 years ago...there are other things you could check also...how much memory do you have?when windows starts how many programs load automaticly..try to limit the number of unneeded programs...goto start button/help and support/use tools to view your computer info../sytem configuration utility/open.../pick the startup tab
    then if your really desperate you could fit a voltage stabilizer(anti surge)to your pc's power supply..but i doubt this is the problem
    its more likely cause you can burn sometimes and not others that its software or media related..in the startup tab try to find and close things like printer monitors/scanner software/microsoft find fast(if its there)/office startup/messengers/other cd software like in cd for rw drag and drop/and p2p apps like kazaa and edonkey//none of these need to load at startup and should be opened and closed when needed..they all take up memory and memory is needed most when burning cds/dvd's

11. deester1

deester1 Member

i forgot to ask..could you list a complete list of spec's for your pc..which inludes the wattage of your power supply..and if you have loads of burning software try to get rid of some you dont use(uninstall)sometimes drivers can conflict..sometimes share ware or free ware isnt writen properly and will alow your burner to look for 2 different drivers which causes the drive to hang..also check the free space on your hard drive..even on the fly writes need hard drive space to buffer files

12. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

specs are as followed:

Athlon 2100XP clocked to 2600XP
    Epox 8RDA+ mobo
    512mb ddr kingston ram
    80gb hard drive, 20gigs free
    Radeon 9500PRO
    350W power supply

Liteon 48x cd writer
    Pioneer 106D dvd writer

13. deester1

deester1 Member

specs seem ok..power supply could be larger these days but you dont have racks of drives in your system so it should be coping..im starting to run out of ideas........thats quite an overclock..i dont believe in doing them my self..but saying that you say that your system doesnt hang..so its unlikely its the problem..appart from loose connections or the way the drives are connected on the ide chain im stumpted

14. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

yea im starting to believe the drive may be faulty

15. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

Well i emailed my local pioneer service centre and they said this:

"I think that your drive is faulty. You will need to return the drive to the place you bought it so that it can be repaired or replaced."

Now i was so pleased to see this, as i thought id have to explain everything, great customer service thats for sure, will report back when i have the new drive and have tested it out.

Thanks

16. deester1

deester1 Member

thats great news..or not so great whichever way you look at it..after all else failed it had to be a faulty drive..glad the problem is resolved..thnx for keeping me informed..good luck with the new drive!!

17. dust_cs69

dust_cs69 Member

Well new drive no problems :) wo0t im happy, done 3 perfect burns using record now max, havent tried nero again and dont plan on it as this works perfectly. wo0t :)

Cheers for all the help