1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 japanese wrestling games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Burnzilla, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everybody! Does anyone have King of Colloseum? I've been looking at it for a long time now and Don't know if it's worth investing in a PS2 and Mod so I can play it? Are there any other games of note. Is VPW3 ever coming out? Thanks a million everyone! Hey, if you know where I can get a cheap PS2 or just a japanese one (save me the mod chip hassle) for a good price that would be slendiforous:)

2. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

3. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I just got the green disk the other day. It's pretty cool. I don't know if I'd say it was worth installing a mod chip just for this game alone though. It's a little old so it's not exactly top of the line so to speak. The problem with buying a japanese PS2 is it won't play any north american games so you'll have to buy all region 2 games which is more expensive. Not just the shipping but the whole region code thing is to charge more in areas that the economy is better. For example games are around $50 USA will probalby sell for 50 UK(UK and Japan are the same region code) which is like $70 US.

4. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Graphics I don't care about. VPW2 is still the best wrestling game and i play it all the time. The game engine and caw is what i care about. Thanks for the info by the way. If you get further along drop me a line and give me your thoughts. Thans a million:)

5. Backupman

Backupman Member

WOOOW,that's dedication.U would get a chip for this game??I have it cause someone gave it to me,and the guy is lucky i didn't club him(LOL).It's just a bad game or my taste is very bad.

6. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hmmm, not good huh. Darn it, I need a new wrestling game. Any suggestions? (Not smackdown)

7. billz

billz Active member

def jam vendenta

8. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

def jam's not a wrestling game. I played it and was pretty unhappy on what aki was made to do to make it a fighting game. My only hope is that this gives them money to do VPW3.

9. billz

billz Active member

will you don't have much alternative than backyard wrestling and legends

10. Backupman

Backupman Member

If u like jap games,try all star pro wrestling Z.Its similar to Coloseum,btw jap games are not pal(they're ntsc.If u have a chip they'll play fine,other than of course the language barrier.

11. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I live in NY so the NTSC thing is fine. I'd need a chip anyway to play the import. There is a female wrestling game coming out for the PS2 that's their version of DOAX volleyball. I hope the engine's good. www.The-magicbox.com has some info on it. How does all star play anyway. Is it comparable to any games out there? Thanks a million:)