1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 just been modded, has a few issues...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FROZEN_VN, Nov 15, 2004.

1. FROZEN_VN

FROZEN_VN Member

I just got my PS2 modded and theres a few things wrong. I'm not sure what chip it is but with a game i have to turn it to standby then tap the on button, with dvds i have to hold it for a couple of seconds. I burnt a couple of games and they boot, but they freeze at different points. Sometimes I get right into the game and they freeze in the middle of it, sometimes freezes when loading. I have tried using Nero, Alcohol 120, and DVD Decryptor, all does the same thing. I use Verbatim DVD-R and burnt it on 1x. Any suggestions??

2. forputman

forputman Member

your may have to adj the laser a little, usually can be done by adj the cog. sometimes you have to do it depending on the media, I have had to do mine when I stopped using apple disk and went to ritek havent had a problem since, hope this helps

3. FROZEN_VN

FROZEN_VN Member

I have no experience on the inside of a PS2, I dont want to take it apart coz I dont no what i am doing. If i try different brands of media could this solve the problem, or do i definitely need to adjust the laser?

4. forputman

forputman Member

you can try other media, ritek, apple or sony to see, cant hurt, if that doesnt do it you will probaly have to adj the laser a hair, it is not that hard to do if you need step by step instructions on how to do it plmk, hope this helps

5. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

keep it simple, dvd laser cleaner. stand the unit up.

6. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

find out what chip so we can help u more.

maybe the problem is coming from the chip itself. Maybe some wires not soldered correctly, some wires loose, etc. Check your solder points or take it to the person who soldered it and ask him to check your ps2.