1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 keeps asking to setting language/time etc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dfgh11, Apr 26, 2003.

1. dfgh11

dfgh11 Guest

Hi,

V7 ps2
    a friend of mine had a messiah 2 installed. First time he played a game (backup) he said it ran fine for about 10mins, then kept making a large click sounds which then triggered his eject led and power led to both flashed together. In a panic he tunred it off. He then switched it back on again to find that the ps2 asked him to set the time , the language etc etc, just as you have to when you switch you ps2 on for the first time.Now no games now boot on his ps2, at all, and the set time thing keeps coming up everytime its switched on or reset.. is there no hope for this console?

2. OttaCee

OttaCee Member

That happened to me too same exact thing
    It worked for a hour, then it started to ask for the language and time each time. And wouldnt play any of the disks. It has to do something with the connections to the CMOS and the chip. I had mine professionaly done so i sent it back to him and he took care of it.

So no your PS2 isnt done for, just check the connections to the CMOS.

3. NemXWasp

NemXWasp Member

had that happen today on my first install. turned out i had 2 connections bridged around the Q, T connection area fixed that problem now I have a brand new problem all its own. I guess baby steps or sumthin

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

It sounds like you have 2 things wrong w/ it. The time/date thing is more than likely a clock wire issue. I may not be connected at all or the wire was cut upon re-essembly. The blinking lights during game play usually means the system is overheating and that may be because the fan is not working. Open it up and check these things out. I bet they are the problems. Let me know how it goes.