1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 keeps scratching my games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sitlet, May 11, 2007.

1. sitlet

sitlet Member

im having a problem with my ps2 scratching my games. i just had to go out and buy ANOTHER guitar hero 2 because my first one was too scratched. it happens when i first put the game in. for about 10 seconds, the drive spins up, then CLICK! then it spins up again, and CLICK!. i believe the laser is hitting the disc, because the disc is scratched from the center to about 1cm out. it scratches in rings all the way around the game.

now, i do have the flip top tray and swap magic. and the only way for me to get a burned game to play is to adjust the laser height. but, i adjust the screw counter-clockwise, which seems to move the laser down. so it shouldnt be scratching? i also had this problem before i for the flip top. one or two of my games had this same scratch on it, but ive had the ps2 for years, so those might have just been from me bumping the console while playing.

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I had exact smae issue with V12 after just in year!
    The problem was that laser was worn out and laser surface had scratches. SO I GOT MY LASER REPLACED PROBLEM SOLVED.