1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 Keyboard does not respond in bios! + cmos checksum Error Help please :(

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hakim1984, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hakim1984

hakim1984 Member

Hello I have an Asus 2 striker board,

when booting it goes past the splash screen( takes its time too) and then lists my cpu/ram and error message saying *CMOS checksum error defaults loaded*

So I reboot keyboard flashes green I hit del and it gets into bios, then that's where the problem starts keyboard stops working. The time on the Bios is still ticking away so the computer hasn't frozen.

I have tried other ps2 keyboards (does the same thing) so I can get into the BIOS, but after that nothing from the keyboard.

Also I dont get any post beeps from the mobo which is a bit worrying, I get display to the monitor all the fans work, recognises the cpu/ram, and all the lights on the mobo like south bridge/north bridge CPU are all green (working normal)

I have reset the cmos I have changed the battery

im lost :-(

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm curious, why do you need/want to use a PS2 keyboard with your PC? What are you actually trying to achieve?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Ripper, he might not be talking about the game console ps2 keyboard but the other ps2 keyboard that has the round connector the size of you baby finger nail. for pc's, there are 4 types of keyboard interfaces: AT, PS2, USB & Wireless. AT interface is gone & PS2 is slowly going too.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Oh god, yes, thanks for stating the obvious because I'd completely overlooked that. It's been so long since I've actually seen a PS2 keyboard/mouse in use!

I'm not entirely sure, hakim, but it doesn't sound like your mobo is too healthy anymore. I don't know what ddp thinks.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

dont feel bad,i wondered for a long time why i was using a "gaming"keyboard on my pc.LOL

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

because the ps2 computers came out way before the ps2 game console. think micro-channel as that is were the keyboard came from.