1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 killzone disk id

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bluntface, Nov 5, 2004.

1. bluntface

bluntface Member

anyone have? pleeease

2. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

no one is going to give you the disk id because they will get kicked of this site. Besides right now it is pointless to have. Everyone who tried to patch the i.d. has failed to go online. For some reason No one can patch and go online with this game. Sorry

3. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

i patch my game and it works great

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Actualy you can post ID's. if you do it the way of ps2ownz. (Personally I don't understand how to get the full ID from what they post so im just gonna go about getting them myself)

Lucifer69 you from the states?

5. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

lucifer69, How did you patch it and get it to work? what tools did you use? I can play the game but if i click the online... then it brings me to the red ps2 screen. Maybe its cause y6ou use a mod chip and i use swap magic.. I am not sure..

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

To play online you need:

Disc ID utility(cd or dvd version) - You boot this with your swap magic cd/dvd then put in ur real game and u will get the ID.

Image Patcher - A program used to patch the ID to the Image on your hard drive

Alternatively you could use Disc ID insertor instead of image patcher.

http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html is where you want to go, it has easy to follow instructions and links to the programs.

7. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

I patched it like that , but killzone wouldnt go online for me. I click the online and it just goes to the red ps2 screen.

8. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

teggy, did you go online with killzone backup?

9. teggy

teggy Regular member

I'm afraid I haven't got the game yet, and won't until the 26th. UK ya see.

Hmm, well... you could try DVD loader, it's a possibility. But as you say the game works but it takes u to the insert a PS2 or playstation format red mist... that's the screen you are getting brought when u try to go online right?

I have not yet backed up an online game, I am going to do it later with NFSU2(provided its in xtra vision, if not i'm buying it instead)

But if you make another back up and patch it with the other method that u didnt use the first time and come back with ur results.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  10. teggy

teggy Regular member

TBH honest here, I was expecting Lucifer69 to come back and tell of his method for patching and getting online. As he can play online...
    I'm assuming that means he can play online with it to.

It would have made sense to come back as that is the question asked here, how do I get online with Killzone cuz it aint working. Welcome has already tried the two most well known methods and no luck.

So Lucifer do the guys a favour and post your method, that way it will be here for future reference for other gamers with Killzone backup online problems.

11. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

I found a new patch for it. I still have to try it though

12. teggy

teggy Regular member

What is the other patch?

Cuz if you tried the two methods I mentioned then I'l know to stay away from them and try something else.

TBH I might actually buy it though, I rent ya see, and the rest follows ;)

13. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

The bottom line is for me, I have YET to have a positive experience at all taking the PS2 online. ESPN NFL/NBA = 1 lobby with 5 people who won't play you, and ditch the game if you score.

Return of the King: Other players lag, or just plain suck, so bad that you can't get anything done.

Haven't tried any FPS's yet on the PS2 online, but I have so many on PC that I'd rather play those.

The 1 game I would like to try online is champ of Norrath, but I'm hanging on to my original of that (it's' only 20 bucks anyway) so it doesn't matter.

I don't see the point in putting effort into taking copies online with the PS2 at all at this point.

14. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

sorry for the late post but i did it like i did with my other games i use imagepatcher with G04 ritek and i'm using Matrix infinity.

I dont know why you guys can go online with this game i played every day without any problem

15. teggy

teggy Regular member

Not that I can't, I don't have it yet. It's out next friday here.

I guess I will try image patcher then, although maybe cuz he has a chip and you guys use swap discs may be the problem. I also use swap discs so hopefully I don't get the same problem. Anyways, I think I might buy online PS2 games, usually I rent then rip n burn, I bought NFSU2 yest cuz I cdnt be annoyed with backing it up for online. So honestly for every game I rent I am saving enough money to buy the real ones, 5 games I have bought totalling 200quid, it only cost me 12 quid to rent them all.

16. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004
  17. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

but teggy what you are doing is ilegal

18. teggy

teggy Regular member

And everyone who comes to this forum can honestly say they don't own any cd's, dvd's/video's or games that fell off the back of a lorry?

Doubt it!