1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Knife Trick!?!?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shivera, Jan 7, 2004.

1. shivera

shivera Guest

Hi,

I was looking for a way to play burnt PS2 games without a modchip, and I found a trick called the Knife Trick?!? It said it is basically swapping a non-burnt game and putting in the burnt game without it knowing??? It said to buy a PS2 gameshark and use a plastic credit card or game card or something and use it to open the tray and put the burnt game in. Is this true?? Does it actually work? They say it has been around forever. Is there a easier way to play backed up PS2 games without a modchip?

Thanks,
    *a very confused*shivera

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

*Praetor teleports thread to PS2-regions*

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

we call that swap trick... and yes but w/o knifes lol... but still yes it is true you can use gameshark v2 or action replay v2... btw Praetor funny thing nice to know mods still have some style with posts... not like in other forums i know.. lol..

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would say don't use it other than the fact that I have used it and it screwed up my system go with either the fliptop or modchip.I have had the tray eject slow using it and it destroyed my actual drive in it.

5. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Oh Praetor you are a Moderator over here!!!!!! Should'nt mess up with you over here or on Blasteroids. AYE AYE SIR

L-Burna you remind me of L-Dubb

6. Praetor

Cyprien: I try to impress! You never know, there might be a pretty lady out here who shares common interests with me ;-P

zamsak: LOL I would like to think im easy going (unless i gotta answer the same question 50 million times in a row :p where after, the 50-millionth-and-1st person is gonnna get it :p)

Cheers.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i bet dude... i bet u get more chicks then me :| i never had luck with chicks... im only a ps2 geek unless i want the chick sleeping i talk to her lol.... btw i dont think chicks might be intrested with ps2? lol

8. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Mee too Cyprien. Poor old Zamsak. Nobody loves him :-(

Boo hooooo. Wahhhhaaaaaaa

9. Praetor

TO be honest, out of ~3700 posts, this is my 5th in PS2 i think hehe.... can you guess whether or not i have a PS2?

I'm too much of a gentleman for that :p

LOL 4 posts in 1 minute
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  10. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Your Highness,(Maybe he will make me a moderator) ;-)

Kewl answer.

Zamsak(Maybe he will kick me out after reading this) ;-)

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well your a mod i know that much... plus you very busy by the look of things... i mean 3700 posts!!... god i never gonna get THAT kind of numbers... plus i only post in ps2... i only deal with ps2 and dvd-r i deal with ps since 96 lol... so i aint no amature... so you see why i dont have a chick yet... i dont even have a gf lol cuz she lives far away lol.... no one likes me anyway.... damn i wish i was a mod only in the ps2 nothing more lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Want help in backups? ASK ME!!! ill help you out!! ^_^[/small]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I wouldn't want to be moderator only for the fact that some people expect you to know everything and then some don't learn for instance Zetsui hahaha lol that dumbass.You can't teach a old dog new tricks.Well anyways yeah being a moderator would also mean alot of free time which I don't really have wish I did but nah don't really have it.

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

Zetsui? i know few people who be sooo damn stupid you tell them one thing 2 mins later they forget it :|.. i got no life i tell ya lol... if i had then i would had a gf :\

14. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Wow it is a busy and active day today. A lot of posts.

15. shivera

shivera Guest

Hi again,

Ok, I found step by step insturctions how to burn PS2 games. I am probally going to use the knife trick to play them, but I am considering a modchip. Would it be better than the knife trick? I don't really wanna go through all that hassle. I want a solderless modchip that you don't haft to swap or use magic disc or something. Just a solderless modchip the plays it from the start. I want a cheap one. Are solder modchips easy to install if you have the kit that comes with it? What do you guys reccomend, like what type and brand modchip do you reccomend for playing burnt PS2 games? Is the knife trick the best way?

Thanks,
    shivera

16. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

[bold]Would it be better than the knife trick?"[/bold]

yes... it would be better to have a chip the method damages the ps2

[bold]"I want a solderless modchip that you don't haft to swap or use magic disc or something."[/bold]

thers no such thing a mod that you dont solder... if they had one it would be not cheap...

[bold]"I want a cheap one. Are solder modchips easy to install if you have the kit that comes with it?"[/bold]

they aint easy to install... unless your a pro at solidering.... and they come with wires and instructions and they cheap aswell... but not the advanced ones(DMS3 cost from $40 to $60)...

[bold]"What do you guys reccomend, like what type and brand modchip do you reccomend for playing burnt PS2 games?"[/bold]

i would recomend mars II chip(i got one myself)... boots it all... only one thing with it is to press reset to boot the game... apart from that it boots all the things ... also you should try the magic V and the DMS3....

[bold]"Is the knife trick the best way?"[/bold]

it is not the best way... it's a good way to save money... but it might damage the ps2... please note taht getting swap magic and the flip top cost the same as a chip... only with fliptop you have to swap disks all the time...

that is all dude!! (^_^)