1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Laser adjustment

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Matt1975, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Matt1975

Matt1975 Member

Hi I have a ps2 version 9 Serial Scph-50003 and I am getting dre. How do I adjust the laser, I had an older version and adjusted the laser quite a few times before it died any ideas?

2. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

the laser can be adusted in two ways. first you need to remove the covers and eject the tray.

firstly the small screw on the left of the laser, the tangiential screw, adjusts the laser on the x axis. it can be done with a small flathead screwdriver.

next behind the metal guard that holds the laser axles, there are two white cogs. these adjust the laser height and only really affects the laser when it is reading from the edge of the disc. on the wheels there is a small hole. ensure that the two holes are pointing in the same direction on each cog. this ensures that you do ot affect the tangiential screw. have them pointing to the same hour on the clock (preferably straight up).

thats about it.

3. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

the laser can be adusted in two ways. first you need to remove the covers and eject the tray.

firstly the small screw on the left of the laser, the tangiential screw, adjusts the laser on the x axis. it can be done with a small flathead screwdriver.

next behind the metal guard that holds the laser axles, there are two white cogs. these adjust the laser height and only really affects the laser when it is reading from the edge of the disc. on the wheels there is a small hole. ensure that the two holes are pointing in the same direction on each cog. this ensures that you do ot affect the tangiential screw. have them pointing to the same hour on the clock (preferably straight up).

thats about it.