1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 laser burnout

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by egbert, Nov 10, 2004.

1. egbert

egbert Member

Ok...A while back I bought a brand new ps2 in the box w/a modchip from canade. I paid around $300. I got it, played it for an hour and it stopped working completely. I sent it back because they had a warranty. I payed big bucks to get it sent back to Canada fast. When It got there they told me their seal has been broken. There is no way this happened! if I had the balls to go inside my ps2 I wouldn't have bought a pre-modded one!...Anyways they told me the laser has failed and they dont fix this type of thing anyways. They told me they would only give me $50 if I were to sell it back to them of I could pay them $25 to ship it back to me! I made a big mistake...these guys totally conned me and made big bucksdoing it!I shopped a www.modyoursystem.com NEVER>>>EVER SHOP HERE.I just felt like I should give you guys a heads up.Anyways it is (hopefully) on its way back to me and I am out about $350 on the whole thing. Can anyone refer me to a trustable site to buy a new working laser for a new model ps2 and have it installed for a reasonable price??I appretiate your help...thankyou!

2. seandenby

seandenby Member

you could try ebay..you can pick them up for about $30 second hand.

replacing the laser on a PS2 couldnt be more simple.

ill look around and see if i can find you a decent site to buy from.

3. egbert

egbert Member

can you get me a guide on how to replace the laser if it is so easy maybe I can do it myself!!

4. BarryC

BarryC Member

Here is a link I found this morning that should help you out. There is a section down the left hand side for lasers and replacing/buying them.

Hope it helps.

http://www.whitedog.co.uk/

5. forputman

forputman Member

If you decide to buy another ps2 later you can buy from modchip world, I have bought 4 of them for different people from there, come in 2 days and have worked flawlessly and they are priced prettty good to.

http://modchipworld.com/default.php?cPath=21

6. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

i see they have the slim two, has anybody got it working PERFECT yet ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  7. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I was just about to get a slimline ps2 with a matrix infinity and then i read all these forums about the lasers buring out and not sure if the fix is 100% What's the deal. Should i just wait?