1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 laser not moving....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dhortz214, Sep 4, 2004.

1. dhortz214

dhortz214 Member

yesterday i cleaned the laser coz the ps2 wont play my games and it makes that weird sound.... i also put some oil on the metal thingie beside the laser and the ps2 played the game... today, i put any of my games backup or original.... none of them works, it makes a sound..... it goes to the browser screen and it just keeps on saying reading disk... i opened the ps2 and take out the dvd cover and it seems that the laser is not moving back and forth, it looks like something is stopping laser from moving... can anybody help me? any help would be great!!!

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

i think you need to get a new laser . its probobly had it from copied games. can happen try( if u can taking it out and putting anold dvd players lens in it.

4. dhortz214

dhortz214 Member

are you sure bec. i just started playing backups 2 weeks ago and i had my ps2 for 1 year...

5. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

It depends how many copies u use on ur lens. I dont know but if u got it going wd.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS WHATEVER YOU DO you can't just put a lense from any old dvd player in your ps2.. lol.

that wierd sound is the laser moving back and forth trying to read the disc, if it sounds like it's not moving at all it may be the worm drive that is not moving, did you maybe disslodge a ribon cable when you removed your cover, or clean the laser to harshly, remove the cover and check all the ribon cables for damage and fitment, then if all is well, try adjusting the laser angle, using the white cog at the back of the dvd drive.

7. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

i was just saying to change it with a dvd players lens coz i had an old ps1 and the lens didnt work so i changed it for a walk man cd player and it worked