1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 laser not working? workaround for MI

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by kisoroku, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kisoroku

kisoroku Member

I have a fat modded V7 ps2. The problem is that it no longer reads backups or ps1 originals. I can still access modchip bios and the modchip still boots up. I want to know if i put a memory card exploit (a dev2 BOOT.ELF since i have a matrix infinity in it) could i bypass the need for a laser and use the HDD to load games? I have a working modded slimline that i could use to put the BOOT.ELF on the memory card.

Any ideas if this will work?

2. ModSlayer

ModSlayer Member

Maybe you need a new laser...

3. kisoroku

kisoroku Member

I don't really have the funds to test to see if its the laser that needs to be replaced. I just want to know if the idea mentioned above will work or not.

4. kisoroku

kisoroku Member

I have found the solution to my problem after a LONG day of searching.

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9056

This covers ANY questions a Matrix infinity chip user would want to know. Sorry mods for the multi-posting and the double post i was just really desperate, and it won't happen again. I hope this can help somebody in the same position as me. I installed the uLaunchELF v. 4.12 MC Save (PSU Format) on to my memory card after burning the uLaunchELF v. 4.12 CD Image. I transfered it to my memory card using my psp as a usb drive.

5. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Good for you. Nice to see someone who needs help but also willing to search out their issue in the meantime and find a solution when no one has answered it yet.
    "Kudos"